• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcars fiberglass rear spoiler

383charger

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I've been reading about showcars fiberglass rear spoiler. And from what I'm reading they are junk but I can't seem to find anyone that is reproducing the aluminum spoiler. So, I thought I would try to see if I could make one of those work and wanted to ask if anyone bought one of those fiberglass spoilers that isn't going to use it and would like to get some of their money back and if so message me.Thanks,Len

Use extreme caution when dealing with ShowCars.... They have horrible reviews. You’ll be lucky to receive the item you purchased.........

Just curious as I am currently building wood molds for casting with aluminum; what materials are you considering? I have never cast aluminum, so my way of dealing with the apprehension of going somewhere new is to get as much info as I can. First hand experience is always good.

I'm guessing that you're making a wooden copy of the spoiler, and then will use it for sand casting? You can also pull a plaster mold from the wooden buck that will leave a nicer finish than sand. Make sure the sprue is large enough to ensure a fast pour so you can fill it before it starts to solidify.

Last edited:
Everyone has a huge hate-on for the fiberglass spoiler, but mine turned out great. All fiberglass needs some work to look it's best. Check out the pictures in my post in the Charger section

IMG_20191028_172839.jpg

I agree be very cautious with showcars have dealt with him before and it wasnt good

I had a great, flawless, transaction with showcars.. but of course I was buying a used original 1969 Coronet grill and not their fiberglass crap..

I'm guessing that you're making a wooden copy of the spoiler, and then will use it for sand casting? You can also pull a plaster mold from the wooden buck that will leave a nicer finish than sand. Make sure the sprue is large enough to ensure a fast pour so you can fill it before it starts to solidify.

Thank you for the info, but I am not the OP.

I don't want to deal with showcars that's why I started this post to see if anyone has ordered one and doesn't like it and doesn't want to use it and would like to sell it. Does anyone have one of showcars fiberglass spoiler they would like to sell?

OK guys, I guess no one has one of show cars fiberglass spoiler for sale & with no aluminum ones available, I rolled the dice today & ordered one from show cars. I know I'll probably have to rework it but something is better than nothing

OK guys, I guess no one has one of show cars fiberglass spoiler for sale & with no aluminum ones available, I rolled the dice today & ordered one from show cars. I know I'll probably have to rework it but something is better than nothing

You won't like it -- I didn't. I returned it with much difficulty and they charged me a Canada tax of $50 plus I had to pay for shipping. The fiberglass work was rudimentary and the mounting surface on the long piece was uneven and in many places too thin. If you do get it, you will need a really good body man.

You won't like it -- I didn't. I returned it with much difficulty and they charged me a Canada tax of $50 plus I had to pay for shipping. The fiberglass work was rudimentary and the mounting surface on the long piece was uneven and in many places too thin. If you do get it, you will need a really good body man.
I've been doing my own body work and paint for almost 40 years now I'm confident I can make it work. There is a member here who gave a spoiler to his body guy & he got it to work. And again without any other options if you want a spoiler for your car you really don't have a choice

383charger said:
And again without any other options if you want a spoiler for your car you really don't have a choice
Sure you do... I'm in the process of making my own.... I'm not copying the OEM style however. I wanted something different for my Chargers restoration.
Mine will be taller and sleeker than the OEM piece. I fabricated the model (2 actually) using some glued up MDF to form a 4" x 4" X 8' block, which I then carved & sculpted into the final shape. It's been a little side project of mine for a while now, working on it here and there.
I'm currently in the process of making up the molds from which the actual spoiler(s) will be cast. My design isn't everyone's cup of tea for sure, but it is something different that I felt would look good on my car.

Profile3.jpg

Profile 1.jpg

LGR Spoiler2.png

SP3.JPG

Sure you do... I'm in the process of making my own.... I'm not copying the OEM style however. I wanted something different for my Chargers restoration.
Mine will be taller and sleeker than the OEM piece. I fabricated the model (2 actually) using some glued up MDF to form a 4" x 4" X 8' block, which I then carved & sculpted into the final shape. It's been a little side project of mine for a while now, working on it here and there.
I'm currently in the process of making up the molds from which the actual spoiler(s) will be cast. My design isn't everyone's cup of tea for sure, but it is something different that I felt would look good on my car.

View attachment 877611

View attachment 877612

View attachment 877613

View attachment 877614
When I said no other options I was referring to a reproduction of the aluminum spoiler that the factory offered.

I got the spoiler from showcars yesterday not bad delivery time, four days from Canada to Illinois. As expected the quality of the fiberglass work isn't the best, but it gives me something to work with.

I remember growing up my Dad always telling his 66' Charger had the factory rear nascar style spoiler. I always thought that must not be original and obviously as I got older and starting seeing more and more 66-67 Chargers with them the more I liked it.

Does anyone know the actual height of the rear spoiler when looking at it from the rear of the car I'm guessing it's about an inch and 3/4 high. The show car spoiler I have as expected is all over the place

Auto Transport Service
Back