• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shows or Cruises near Lincoln, NE This Weekend or Monday

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
We'll be visiting Lincoln, NE this Saturday thru Tuesday, and wondering if there are any Shows or Cruises that might be happening ? Also any known, or un-known places that are stocked with older Mopar Treasures ? Thanks for the feedback...

We'll be visiting Lincoln, NE this Saturday thru Tuesday, and wondering if there are any Shows or Cruises that might be happening ? Also any known, or un-known places that are stocked with older Mopar Treasures ? Thanks for the feedback...

Dan, First off.. I would hit up google and type in several different words like, vintage, salvage, oldcar, junkyard, junkyards, etc. I'm not sure what is around the area your going, If you have time shoot up to Speedway Motors, there in Lincoln.. might be able to get some inside info. We have had excellent luck going to truckstops, coffee shops, small restaurants, etc, and striking up conversation with the locals there, that is where you get some great info, most of the time. I have drove through that state many times.... usually finding something vintage, here or there! Good luck! Dodge33

Speedway museum is a must.

Restore muscle car is on the north side of lincoln...they specialize in trans ams..but believe they do all. I have only drove by but a friend has been there...they may have something interesting. Call ahead and they give tours.

Pioneer village out at minden,ne is a 2 1/2 hr drive from lincoln and has a huge car in door collection...all brands 4 doors and 2 doors. It's out near kearney. If you end up out there hastings also has a nice museum and a nice holiday inn express for staying the night.

K&G body shop at Wilber is not 2 far from lincoln. Ken is a mopar guy and has some great cars of his own and does customer builds.. has parts for sale on craigslist. You can find the shop on facebook.

The sac air force museum between omaha and lincoln is awesome.

Salvage yards around lincoln just have newer stuff. Their is a u-pullit on the north side of lincoln..you never know what gets drug in there...they do charge a couple bucks to go look.
Most of the old salvage yards are gone.

This is getting near the end of the car show season..and it's been a tough go with all the rain.

I might think of something later..

Actually...the wahoo swap meet is this sunday...its only about a half hour north of the lincoln. I went last year. It was fun to walk through...bu a typical car part swap meet....it's best to go with no expectations...because one year it's a gold mine and the next year its a bust!

The other thought is Omaha's Henry Dorley zoo is rated 1 in the nation...lots of indoor things to see out of the elements, it's a huge zoo.

Omaha also is the home of Union pacific... lots of rail road museums in omaha and council bluffs.

Lincoln also has a farm tractor museum at the university if you want a little rural twist to your visit. Not sure of your interests other then mopars, but there is likely a few tractors in the museum that are chrysler powered...Lol

Thanks for these ideas for the area ! My daughter has a few things on the agenda for us, but the SAC Museum, and Sunday morning swap may have to be added. We've been to the Zoo, for one of their
'Beer Nights" and it is a impressive site. We're hoping the snow misses us, while we're there ! Thanks again to all for the ideas...

Snow is suppose to be west, so no worries there....just bring some warm clothes...supposed be windy and cold. Mainly at night...a little chilly but tolerable during the day.

We caught the Wahoo Swap Meet this AM. There were very few Mopar items, but I did find several things that I may have jumped on, if I had my truck, and trailer. Someone had some nice metal, for Gen II Chargers, and 68-69 B-Body Plymouths, all own used items. These caught my eye...
1013191123.jpg
1013191012a.jpg

We caught the Wahoo Swap Meet this AM. There were very few Mopar items, but I did find several things that I may have jumped on, if I had my truck, and trailer. Someone had some nice metal, for Gen II Chargers, and 68-69 B-Body Plymouths, all own used items. These caught my eye...View attachment 849863 View attachment 849864
I could've stored it for you if You wanted to go on a shopping spree...Lol

There was also a Very Nice horn ring for a 65 Plymouth, for $20. I would have bought that, but I sold my 65 Belv a few years back...

Auto Transport Service
Back