• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shroud mount through the rad?????

1962savoy

Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if i should use this shroud that mounts through the rad core??? Its a new Griffin rad and i'm afraid to push those plastic mounts through it!!! any thoughts on it??? will it damage the rad???

Attachments

• my car back from the head liner 037.jpg
    my car back from the head liner 037.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 234
  • my car back from the head liner 038.jpg
    my car back from the head liner 038.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 241
  • spe-4348_w.jpg
    spe-4348_w.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 232
Damage the radiator as in will it hurt it NO! BUT the holes that the push pins make will kind of wallow over time. It will still function just when/if you take the shroud off in the future you will have big ugly holes in the radiator.

I had one of those on my radiator and it worked OK since I didn't have a shroud to begin with. I always wanted to get another one of those and modifiy it to make a bottom. That way you would have a full chrome shroud.

Actually what it hurts are the tube fins. They often get crunched from people working on the front of the engine like when replacing a water pump and eblows and wrenches bang into the rad. There is a tool called ad rad. fin comb that will straigthen out a lot of these fins if you find and use one.

Actually what it hurts are the tube fins. They often get crunched from people working on the front of the engine like when replacing a water pump and eblows and wrenches bang into the rad. There is a tool called ad rad. fin comb that will straigthen out a lot of these fins if you find and use one.

Ya I have one of those fin combs from Summit.... POS doesnt seem to fit the spacing of any rad I've ever owned! I'll be the only one working on it so it souldnt be too much problem. I'm stil a little leary about the fir of it????

Maybe your not using it correctly. You need to start at the top of the radiator to get the teeth in the correct "grooves" and comb all the way to the bottom. If you start in the middle you likely won't get in the right slots and may end up making it look worse than then you started.

Auto Transport Service
Back