• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side stripes on 64 dodge 440

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Who thinks that the side stripes on a 440 dodge takes away from the chrome. Or should it be there. I know i have seen it both ways myself i don't care for the stripe. What's your call.

It depends on the colours I suppose. I didn't like mine all white, but the original red stripe didn't really look good either.

oldmopar6.jpg

I just think the stripe takes away from the chrome which to me is the best part of the 64's all the trim.

I don't think the stripe is a "gotta have" on the 64's, they have such great clean lines. I would venture to say that the darker the color the less likely i would be to add a contracting stripe color. Barry are you still thinking about going with a medium to dark turquoise?

Nope i decided to go with a different color not sure yet but to many with the turquoise. I'm putting mine in the body jail of my own. Been working on it little at a time. Still working on the suspension to get it correct.

My white 64' has a red stripe that I think sets off the red interior nicely. The red actually gives my car a bit of a RAMCHARGERS vibe with the American Racing Torq- Thrust rims I am running. dadsbee colour and "stripe" combo really makes his car, along with the black interior. Very nice.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back