• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly non-technical question..

SRT_Blubyu

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
When I finally find the right 68' I plan on driving it to work, store, everywhere.. these cars are beauties and cant imaging just keeping it locked up in the garage. But as I was walking in to work the other day I was thinking what is the Coffee cup holder solution - anyone come up with any clever ideas? Gonna be tough to hold it if I succeed in finding a 4spd.

If it is a bench seat car, they make some nice center console units that sit right on the seat. I have one for my 70 Road Runner with a manual transmission. It works great and I can remove it easily if I show the car.

I don't have any cup holder ideas for you but I do have a couple 4 speed transmissions............

I have this on the floor, probably wouldn't work w/ a 4spd though.

Amazon.com: Texas Saddlebags Clutter Catcher(R) Universal Floor Consoles Black (50811) : Automotive

This could also work

1661866686106.png

Is it or will it be a console with buckets? As posted, there are bench seat holders available, or can make them. Early out cup holders I had bought were the kind that hang on the door. Not great; but did the job sometimes for smaller containers as I recollect. Didn't want to open or close the door with a bev in it though. Coffee holders were important with me and installed a console from another car machining a dual cup holder from a block of scrap aluminum. Also provided an area to add a couple more gauges machining a plate for them. Certainly off the rails from OEM selling the original console ('63 Plymouth) having two ash trays. Lol, now only have 3 left.

Met a guy with a 67 Coronet bucket seat 4 speed a few weeks ago. He had a padded center console between the seats with a couple drink holders. Looked similar to one of these but i don't know where he got it.

BC-TCRUISER_540x540.jpg

When you find your car be sure to shop for insurance carefully. For the most part, collector car insurance companies that offer agreed upon value policy’s, forbid driving the vehicle to work or on errands ( shopping, etc). You don’t want to get T-boned by a 5500 lb SUV with the driver on a cell phone, on the way back from a shopping trip to Walmart and your daily driver, stated value insurance policy and company will only pay off at a stupid-low 55 year old, typical clapped out used car value that’s a small % of what you have in it. Just shop carefully for insurance.

I have buckets and buddy seat.

I used 3" PVC couplings and four 19" rack mount equipment brackets to attach to the front buddy seat bracket bolts.

Works great.

Natural position, holds a can or a standard coffee cup (once I cut notches for the handles, and most 32 oz or less fountain drinks.

I get lots of compliments and comments on them, too.

I've seen people buy repro console tops and put inserts through the top of them if you have a console.
I've even sen a "slide back" console top made to cover the holes.

Been there. Have one hanging in my old truck. Sometimes you forget. What a mess.
I remember that from my truck driving days back in the 90’s. I was more pissed off that I’d lost a good cup of caffeine! :D

search box.png

Plenty of threads on here about this very topic.
Do your homework!
:thumbsup:

View attachment 1335365

Plenty of threads on here about this very topic.
Do your homework!
:thumbsup:
Yep, I’ve avoided posting a couple of new threads (one of which I had posted a few years ago forgetting I did). Lol, scrolled down the page to see I posted before! I’ll blame old age, partly.

WEALTH of good info on pretty much whatever looking to find mopar and sometimes otherwise...even dating...I'll stop here.

Yep, I’ve avoided posting a couple of new threads (one of which I had posted a few years ago forgetting I did). Lol, scrolled down the page to see I posted before! I’ll blame old age, partly.

WEALTH of good info on pretty much whatever looking to find mopar and sometimes otherwise...even dating...I'll stop here.
I agree. Probably the most useful thing about FBBO is that it's a looooong depository of anything and everything Mopar,
like a reference library. I wish folks would use that SEARCH box more often, it would boggle their minds!

If it is a bench seat car, they make some nice center console units that sit right on the seat. I have one for my 70 Road Runner with a manual transmission. It works great and I can remove it easily if I show the car.

No bench seats on 68 or 69 Chargers. 1970 was the first year for a bench in a Charger.

I don't have any cup holder ideas for you but I do have a couple 4 speed transmissions............
haha.. thanks ill let ya know if I can ever find one that isn't lipstick on a pig for rotisserie $$$

When you find your car be sure to shop for insurance carefully. For the most part, collector car insurance companies that offer agreed upon value policy’s, forbid driving the vehicle to work or on errands ( shopping, etc). You don’t want to get T-boned by a 5500 lb SUV with the driver on a cell phone, on the way back from a shopping trip to Walmart and your daily driver, stated value insurance policy and company will only pay off at a stupid-low 55 year old, typical clapped out used car value that’s a small % of what you have in it. Just shop carefully for insurance.
Thats a good point.. collector insurance isn't going to allow the miles ill pile on it.. they do need to make you whole again.. so similar condition, similar options, etc.. some comps would help with traditional insurance I suppose.. any suggestions??

That is a pretty simply effective setup.. dig it. ha!
drink your coffee before driving
its for when I get to work.. not while im driving.. same reason I dot drive in the kitchen. ;)
I agree. Probably the most useful thing about FBBO is that it's a looooong depository of anything and everything Mopar,
like a reference library. I wish folks would use that SEARCH box more often, it would boggle their minds!
relax Francis.. I've been around forums plenty and know how the search function works.. sometimes its good to get fresh opinions for folks who weren't involved in previous discussions.. have you ever asked someone how their day went? wouldn't it be annoying if they said I answered that two years ago...go look it up. Anyhow, thanks for participating in the thread despite its annoyance to you!:drinks:

To stay with the theme, bolt an oil filter wrench to the door.

Auto Transport Service
Back