• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Sport 5 speed Manual Transmission kit thoughts

Several guys here have.."KernDog" is the first one that jumps to mind, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that he did the 5-speed TKO swap into his originally-a-727(sweet)'70 Charger.
If you don't get many responses try doing a search here on the site, that might get you started with some good info...

Got one. Much improved from earlier Keisler TKO. No leaks, improved 2-3 at higher RPM. Good customer service. Responsive. Needed an extra shift pattern plate. Got one quick.

Got one. Much improved from earlier Keisler TKO. No leaks, improved 2-3 at higher RPM. Good customer service. Responsive. Needed an extra shift pattern plate. Got one quick.
Dennis nice to see ya brother!:thumbsup:

@MikeO just so you know, Dennis drives the absolute sheeyat out of his Mopar!

Several guys here have.."KernDog" is the first one that jumps to mind, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that he did the 5-speed TKO swap into his originally-a-727(sweet)'70 Charger.
If you don't get many responses try doing a search here on the site, that might get you started with some good info...
Thank you

I went with American Powertrain, but I think they are all about the same (AP, SST, Modern Driveline, etc.). I love my TKX! It's a lot of work and a lot of learning if you have not done it before, but the 5-speed conversion has totally changed the character of my car.

The biggest issue I had was the bellhousing alignment and that was because I was not getting consistent readings from my cheap dial indicator. Once I bought a better dial indicator and learned how to set it up correctly, the process went fine. The next biggest challenge was the new pedals and brackets. The aftermarket parts did not line up properly in my car, so that took some time, patience, and a little work with the drill press.

I replaced my 727 with a silversport TKO 5 speed. I was happy with the kit. Clutch and brake pedals fit nicely but the brake pedal was much lower than the clutch when attached. Nothing I couldn't fix with my cut off wheel and mig welder. Would have worked but I wanted it to look right. The piece of metal they sent to cover the floor cut out wasn't of much use since I have a center console and wanted the pistol grip shifter boot to come out of the console. Once again fixed with more metal and the mig welder. Don't skip the step where you check the centering of the bellhousing to crankshaft center with a dial indicator. And put a few hundred miles on it with the ATF THEN put the Tremic fluid in. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back