• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver touch up paint for dash bezels etc.

ffgreg32

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone touched up the silver edges for their dash bezel, or other interior dash parts where the silver edge has been rubbed or worn off? If so, what paint, pen, color, manufacturer (Pictures?) Thanks in advance, Greg

I don't know about silver but i like molotow liquid chrome pens for the bezels on my 66/67 dash.

I used the Molotow liquid chrome pens mentioned above on my dash bezels. Nice stuff.

Same here, used the Molotov Chrome pens.

And while you are there , I always check out stuff for the man cave

Hopefully on a week that’s at 50% off

I have bought the Molotow markers, but have not tried them out yet. I'm glad to hear you guys are liking them. I want to touch up the dash in my Plymouth.

Sharpie silver markers work good for flat silver. Easy to use and cheap.

Has anyone touched up the silver edges for their dash bezel, or other interior dash parts where the silver edge has been rubbed or worn off? If so, what paint, pen, color, manufacturer (Pictures?) Thanks in advance, Greg
I just did some touch up liquid chrome from Hobby Lobby and I’m very happy with the results. I bought the 1mm,2mm and 4mm tips. I also purchase a white fine tip paint marker in white for the lettering. I’m not a profession but happy with the results. I also did overlays on my gauges along with polishing the lens. I did not redo the black as I didn’t want a completely restored instrument cluster since my car is not restored. Below is a before and after

BA5425F2-11B7-4E38-93AE-98C880759BF0.jpeg

3371405F-2891-4CE7-9870-727073A8124A.jpeg

I used Molotow chrome pens to redo my ‘70 Coronet dash. They work great. You need patience and a steady hand. If you don’t have both of these you will need a plan B. But it goes surprisingly fast once you get after it.

I used Molotow chrome pens to redo my ‘70 Coronet dash. They work great. You need patience and a steady hand. If you don’t have both of these you will need a plan B. But it goes surprisingly fast once you get after it.
Yep Im screwed ,I have neither :BangHead:

Same here, used the Molotov Chrome pens.
I just saw a brief
I just did some touch up liquid chrome from Hobby Lobby and I’m very happy with the results. I bought the 1mm,2mm and 4mm tips. I also purchase a white fine tip paint marker in white for the lettering. I’m not a profession but happy with the results. I also did overlays on my gauges along with polishing the lens. I did not redo the black as I didn’t want a completely restored instrument cluster since my car is not restored. Below is a before and after

View attachment 1410342

View attachment 1410343
Well done sir!

I just saw an older episode of Overhaulin the other day, and Chip Foose brushed on a real nice silver paint around the fronts of the gauge cluster on a '67 Camaro 4-speed car....the one with RS & SS stripes combined plus an additional red pinstripe around those white stripes. For a Chebby, it actually turned out real nice.

m%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2012%2f10%2f1967-camaro.jpg

20190811_121652.jpg

+1 for Molotow 4mm liquid chrome & Hobby Lobby

Auto Transport Service
Back