• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Since I Had Surgery In January

Auggie56

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Things have gotten a little strained for me around the house. I took on a project on line and it's not working to expectations. I'm having a new pain associated with the sugery and walking only aggravates it. Tonight to top it off my wife was in a hurry and didn't wait for the garage door to fully open. The lower steel panel is trashed. No loss the door needed replacement anyway. The good part is only a small paint chip in the rear spoiler of the car. This is not the reason for this post to complain or look for sympathy. No, I now have comfort dog. Our elleven year old Yorky has taken on the job without training or being asked to. See the last picture. You can't know just how I feel towards this little guy. You can see below his personality in the pictures even when dad gets grumpy he's there. The last photo shows the reason for this post.

14517600_10209711588574151_8475817306875032272_n.jpg
10552453_10203931374552413_7198675967970185347_n.jpg
DSCF3606.JPG

Here’s my comfort dog from my surgeries. Back, both shoulders and then heart surgery last February.

41759EC8-04BA-4AB9-8C18-053B50F2105B.jpeg

They truly do comfort you.

Yep, been there and there now. Told the stories on here before.
Suffice to say - I can relate. Still, beats the alternative.
Shi* doesn't work like it used to. Eh...
Some parts are missing, others ain't where they used to be or don't work as well. Eh...
Chronic pain, constant - but still here.
It's amazing how much willpower one can muster if one needs to, least with me.
Eff it, the world ain't waiting on me and I will NOT surrender, so here we go....

Companion dog? Yessir. Posted that story recently as well.
She picked me at the pound....
Sasha the Cairn Terrier:
sasha2 (2017_10_11 10_04_54 UTC).jpg

sasha.jpg

We're kinda inseparable. :)

Dogs rule...
My 3 make it difficult to start my day on a bad note, although pre-coffee after a night of broken sleep I can be a f-ing grouch.
But with the 3 dogs, every single morning they are SO HAPPY to see me and/or my wife moving around, waking up, about to get out of bed and get the day going...
We feed them in the morning, so that may have something to do with their enthusiasm.

Thanks.
Bud (1990-2003) was my first Lab of my own. His ashes are going in my coffin with me when my time comes. Cocoa passed about 3 years ago and spent a few years with Bud. She was so sweet.
I like dogs in general, but Labradors, Lab mixes and Golden retrievers are just awesome. Smart and driven, and the pack bond with their masters is SO deep, and they can be so sweet, loving, and downright funny!

Thanks.
Bud (1990-2003) was my first Lab of my own. His ashes are going in my coffin with me when my time comes. Cocoa passed about 3 years ago and spent a few years with Bud. She was so sweet.
I like dogs in general, but Labradors, Lab mixes and Golden retrievers are just awesome. Smart and driven, and the pack bond with their masters is SO deep, and they can be so sweet, loving, and downright funny!

My kids have oders also to put my Skippers ashes in with me when I pass.
20387_4711370349893_101965376_n.jpg

All our past pups are buried up here on the ridge with me. The border collie Lady and the beagle Shorty were both tossed out on the highway down below and they lived out their lives with us. Great dogs, both of them.

Thanks.
For the last 30 years we have had Labs and Lab mixes, excellent dogs. My yellow Lab died about a year ago, 13 years old. Circumstances have given us the 2 dogs we have now, abandoned. The Basenji mix is just about always by my side, very sweet. The border collie is a little too hyper for me, but she’s a good dog and she needed a home, she’s more of my wife’s dog. I’ll get another Lab one of these days, don’t know if I have it in me to raise another from a pup, though.

4E2FF9C7-43AA-43BA-AC5B-494BE95AB519.jpeg 7B018CC2-FAAB-43D4-A5A7-F4E83A7FF5C3.jpeg 78048828-77B7-40C0-AC8B-BB14F0518B6D.jpeg

For the last 30 years we have had Labs and Lab mixes, excellent dogs. My yellow Lab died about a year ago, 13 years old. Circumstances have given us the 2 dogs we have now, abandoned. The Basenji mix is just about always by my side, very sweet. The border collie is a little too hyper for me, but she’s a good dog and she needed a home, she’s more of my wife’s dog. I’ll get another Lab one of these days, don’t know if I have it in me to raise another from a pup, though.

View attachment 753730 View attachment 753731 View attachment 753732
Love 'em. :)
My best bud Bonzo was a lab/rottie mix. That rascal was a blast - and quite the recruiter.
He'd do the rounds out here every morning and usually returned with something or other he'd found.
Sometimes, that was another dog...
Lady the border collie was tossed out on the highway and would hang in our yard, but wouldn't let anyone
close for months. You could tell she had been abused, apparently by a male, but she was whip smart
and wanted to belong, so my wife worked on her until she gained trust.
When we got a look at her tags, they were from about 2 hours west! Someone wanted her gone, bad...
She was fiercely loyal, yet independent too. Kept watch on the place, our early dog warning system. :)

Shorty was just a pup when he was dumped on the side of the road. Gorgeous markings, friendly as heck.
Goofy, too. He and Lady formed a friendship and were fiercely defensive of the homestead until they passed.
My wife and I couldn't figure out why anyone would have gotten rid of such a great dog....until the first
time I stepped out back to target shoot a little.
That poor dog headed up the ridge into the woods and we didn't see him for quite a while.
Yep, you guessed it - a hunter dumped him because he hated the sound of gunfire!
People can be such ******** sometimes...

000_0008.JPG

Lady, ever watchful...

DSCF0637.JPG

Lady, Lil Bit and Shorty.
Lil bit was a terrier mix of some sort that someone abandoned because he had a deformity, namely a heck
of an overbite.
Sweetest little dog ever... he's up here buried on our property, too, right under the tree he loved hanging
out under because of the view.

These critters were all family members and took chunks of my heart when they passed.
I don't know how much more I have left for another; Sasha might be the last, honestly.

My X tried to take out the garage door not once but twice! It shows some damage but it's good enough to not replace it but don't know how lol. Y'all hang in there!

My daughter’s Golden & Kuchi dog(Afghanistan rescue).

52774AB5-AD40-498E-A26D-046B08B32F81.jpeg 67A15B86-8213-440E-A99F-2FB02BBAED9E.jpeg

Our current brood occupying their? bed. Both dogs are rescues, cats I got from friend of a friend. Brown dog is Coco, white/black is Neko. Cats are: tabby Dart, black is Cuda. I always give my cats Mopar names.

IMG_0973.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back