• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single V belt drive?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi fellas,
Has anyone tried to drive the alternator and power steering pump with a single v belt? I want to use an electric water pump (and fan) so I wondered if I could run a single belt from crank to alternator to power steering pump back to crank? Any ideas? Thanks.
Mike

You have to make sure you have enough belt wrap for everything to work fine - perhaps add an idler?

You'll need 2 belts, 1 for each and a crank pulley for your set up, bpeusa.com will have what ya need.

Hi fellas,
Has anyone tried to drive the alternator and power steering pump with a single v belt? I want to use an electric water pump (and fan) so I wondered if I could run a single belt from crank to alternator to power steering pump back to crank? Any ideas? Thanks.
Mike

If you can figure out how to run the belt though or around the water pump it might work with one belt. If you have the right alternator braket and crank pully 2 bellts will work.

Auto Transport Service
Back