• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sister Looking for a mature Dog

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
My Sister "Marsha" is looking for a medium size Dog 2 to 3 years old or so.

Confined at home because of 19 and going stir crazy.

Recently unemployed, and has plenty of compassion and space for a dog.

About Cocker Spaniel size,

She is near Harrisburg ,Pa.

"Other stuff for sale or wanted" thread?

Local pet shelter likely has plenty to choose from.

My Sister "Marsha" is looking for a medium size Dog 2 to 3 years old or so.

Confined at home because of 19 and going stir crazy.

Recently unemployed, and has plenty of compassion and space for a dog.

About Cocker Spaniel size,

She is near Harrisburg ,Pa.
Check the local shelters and ASPCA. Dogs in need of a good home are everywhere.

https://www.humanesocietyhbg.org/

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/izzie-50228328/pa/harrisburg/humane-society-of-harrisburg-area-pa120/

Local rescue is probably your best bet. Ask if they have any dogs that were owned by an elderly person that had passed. I've had the best luck with rescue dogs. As with any pet they have to be the right fit for you and them. 440'

hope she finds a dog, for hers & the dog's sake :thumbsup:

Another vote for going thru a local rescue org.
plenty of them out there 'everywhere'

I was at my local shelter yesterday! They had a whole 6 dogs 3 of witch were already adopted the other 3 you couldn't adopt you had to put your name in a hat and win them!
I was bummed out as I found one that was right up my alley but I had to get on a list that was basically full ! I was planning on bringing a older dog home that needed a home yesterday I couldn't do that ! I decided not to bother as if we tried and didn't get him be and my little girl would probably not be happy!

I'm having a hard time since I had to put charger down I didn't realize how much he did for my depression! The other two a hole dogs her don't help any !

I was at my local shelter yesterday! They had a whole 6 dogs 3 of witch were already adopted the other 3 you couldn't adopt you had to put your name in a hat and win them!
I was bummed out as I found one that was right up my alley but I had to get on a list that was basically full ! I was planning on bringing a older dog home that needed a home yesterday I couldn't do that ! I decided not to bother as if we tried and didn't get him be and my little girl would probably not be happy!

I'm having a hard time since I had to put charger down I didn't realize how much he did for my depression! The other two a hole dogs her don't help any !
Thats kind of a surprise! The last time i was in a shelter here, they had a hundred dogs to adopt. I would check for some no-kill shelters in your area.
I have seen lists for when a bunch of desirable breed puppies show up, but generally, you can pick from plenty of great dogs needing a home.

Good luck and good tips posted here. I'm a softy with dogs and cats (well my last cat was more like a dog anyway). Inherited this from my folks and my youngest is the same having two dogs she brought back from Costa Rica when she was there in the PC. Now just heard one of my daughter's pooches has a 'mass' on her spleen...keeping our fingers crossed for her. I'm a wimp electing not to have pets after having to have the last one put to sleep a few years ago. Went thru it enough times...but at my age if I get another it may need to put me to sleep...

Thats kind of a surprise! The last time i was in a shelter here, they had a hundred dogs to adopt. I would check for some no-kill shelters in your area.
I have seen lists for when a bunch of desirable breed puppies show up, but generally, you can pick from plenty of great dogs needing a home.

Ever since the sheriff office took over the pound and made it no kill they have been doing really good at finding homes !
Before there would be tons of dogs and cats
Not for nothing I'm seeing alot of people "rehoming " dogs for $500 and if you get one from pound for free well that's easy money I guess .

OK, I'm confused - you say there's people willing to pay $500 to get one of those "re-homed" dogs
vs. going the usual shelter/rescue route?
Why would anyone do such a thing?

Exactly what we found.................all spoken for and a long waiting list.
That's why I did a post here hoping somebody knows somebody with one for adoption.

Auto Transport Service
Back