• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Braided Fuel Lines?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone here installed AN fuel lines on a triple Holley setup? What carb adapter/fitting combo will clear the diaphragm housing on the front carb? I want to run individual lines from a fire wall mounted distribution block and envision 3 identical lines sweeping from the block to the carbs.
My current setup is outdated/industrial.
Mike
IMG_0752.JPG

Each of my 6 Paks got braided lines. The stock metal were not very good. With the braided lines I had to up size the inlet fittings.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
I have the Promax lower and 3 way upper stainless steel braided fuel lines.
They are GREAT.
The WARNING is you MUST flush the lines out thoroughly before you use them!
I wound up with braid clippings in my carbs because I assumed they were clean lines.
I got the inline reusable fuel filter and pressure gauge as part of the Promax setup.
Also, keep the stock fuel bowl fitting washer. I had really bad luck with the chrome thicker washers that came with the Promax upper 3 way lines.
I also haven't figured out yet how to reincorporate the fuel vapor separator since I installed the lower fuel line.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
I have the Promax lower and 3 way upper stainless steel braided fuel lines.
They are GREAT.
The WARNING is you MUST flush the lines out thoroughly before you use them!
I wound up with braid clippings in my carbs because I assumed they were clean lines.
I got the inline reusable fuel filter and pressure gauge as part of the Promax setup.
Also, keep the stock fuel bowl fitting washer. I had really bad luck with the chrome thicker washers that came with the Promax upper 3 way lines.
I also haven't figured out yet how to reincorporate the fuel vapor separator since I installed the lower fuel line.
Wow, it's too late for me to do that, they've been installed since last year but I had no issues with mine

Wow, it's too late for me to do that, they've been installed since last year but I had no issues with mine
Consider yourself fortunate.
I have one major car/vacation "event" every year, Cruisin the Coast in Mississippi. It is a week long event that my wife and I look forward to. I had just got my 3 2bbl Holley carbs back from being modded by Promax along with her 3 2bbl Rochesters and was frantically getting both cars ready. She has a 1965 GTO with a 421 Tripower 4 speed that we had just had a Quick Performance Ford 9" rear axle assembly installed in along with UMI rear suspension system and a 4 wheel disc Wilwood brake system. I also have a 1 man small business, so needless to say I was hopping.
I installed the :lowdown:Carter M6903 mech fuel pump that I bought 2 years ago along with the Promax lower and upper fuel lines. I even paid Promax to run in / pre-tune my carbs so I would have less to do.
Well I spent the week gritting my teeth as I drove my car at the event because it ran worse than ever. It was running ok before I sent my carbs to Promax. When I finally got the time to pull the lines a month later, I found shards of braid clippings in the lines and in the Promax metering block.
Once I flushed the lines and the disassembled carbs, everything was great.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Consider yourself fortunate.
I have one major car/vacation "event" every year, Cruisin the Coast in Mississippi. It is a week long event that my wife and I look forward to. I had just got my 3 2bbl Holley carbs back from being modded by Promax along with her 3 2bbl Rochesters and was frantically getting both cars ready. She has a 1965 GTO with a 421 Tripower 4 speed that we had just had a Quick Performance Ford 9" rear axle assembly installed in along with UMI rear suspension system and a 4 wheel disc Wilwood brake system. I also have a 1 man small business, so needless to say I was hopping.
I installed the :lowdown:Carter M6903 mech fuel pump that I bought 2 years ago along with the Promax lower and upper fuel lines. I even paid Promax to run in / pre-tune my carbs so I would have less to do.
Well I spent the week gritting my teeth as I drove my car at the event because it ran worse than ever. It was running ok before I sent my carbs to Promax. When I finally got the time to pull the lines a month later, I found shards of braid clippings in the lines and in the Promax metering block.
Once I flushed the lines and the disassembled carbs, everything was great.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Well that sucks. You're the first one I've heard anything like this from, hopefully it was an isolated incident but still a word to the wise!

Auto Transport Service
Back