• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Fuel Injection Pictures

roadrunner383

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
100_2534.JPG

I started with a 383 sixpack intake and bored it out to 48mm and welded in injector bungs
100_2514.JPG
I got three throttle bodies for a 2001 dodge ram and milled the tops down.
100_2518.JPG
From this to this.
100_2523.JPG
I took a 3/4" piece of aluminum plate made a template to mount the throttle bodies to the intake.
100_2526.JPG
Made spacers out of 1/2" aluminum for top and 3/8" for the bottom of throttle bodies.
100_2521.JPG
100_2522.JPG
Put it all together modified the throttle body linkage.
100_2529.JPG
I made a progressive linkage I read they work better with progressive but I can change that if needed. Mounted the fuel rails with old injectors.
100_2532.JPG
100_2533.JPG
sensors came with throttle bodiesfront is IAC middle is TPS and back is MAP. I'm undecided
about which computer to use either Holley Hp or Megasquirt pro. The electrical will go on next winter.

WOW, nice job. That is very impressive.

That's beautiful, great work.

Just curious how much taller than the carb set up is it?

Just curious how much taller than the carb set up is it?
Total height is the same as the carb setup. The air cleaner might be a little higher I made a new base plate that sits flat on the throttle bodies. The six pack base might sit a little lower I can check it out. It fits on my Challenger six pack with no issues.
HYRDGOON If you figure your time the price goes up considerably. I still need injectors, cam sensor and trigger wheel I picked up some GM truck coils and brackets for $80. I enjoy doing this for me its a stress reliever and I enjoy the challenge of doing something different.

That's cool as hell...

there's a company that does something like it,
for big B/RB & LA small block combos even Magnums etc.
custom applications etc.
F & B Throttle Bodies,
F&B Performance Engineering Products in Cardiff by the sea CA
IIRC it "was like $2500 tuned ready for your combo",
not sure how much now
http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/

That's not my engine in the photos below,
I can't remembers who's it was...

I was going to do it & researched it, kind of wish I did it...
BUT; I had just spent $1500+ for new carbs & a bunch more on custom pieces, parts, flowing on my current 6bbl carbs

oh well, such is life, live & learn

In the scheme of things after buying all the parts to make the carbs/6bbl work really well, for my specific combo, I could have done the T&B EFI 6bbl with all new components, for about the same $$$ IIRC {a little more maybe, after different style fuel pump} back about 10 years ago...

Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #1 GearHeadFactory Gilroy Ca..jpg Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #2.jpg Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #3.jpg Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #4.jpg Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #5.jpg Intake FI Mopar RB - F&B Throttle Body EFI Six Pack #6.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool as hell...

there's a company that does something like it,
for big B/RB & LA small block combos even Magnums etc.
custom applications etc.
F & B Throttle Bodies,
F&B Performance Engineering Products in Cardiff by the sea CA
IIRC it "was like $2500 tuned ready for your combo",
not sure how much now
http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/

That's not my engine in the photos below,
I can't remembers who's it was...

I was going to do it & researched it, kind of wish I did it...
BUT; I had just spent $1500+ for new carbs & a bunch more on custom pieces, parts, flowing on my current 6bbl carbs

oh well, such is life, live & learn

In the scheme of things after buying all the parts to make the carbs/6bbl work really well, for my specific combo, I could have done the T&B EFI 6bbl with all new components, for about the same $$$ IIRC {a little more maybe, after different style fuel pump} back about 10 years ago...

View attachment 335643 View attachment 335644 View attachment 335645 View attachment 335646 View attachment 335647 View attachment 335648
I checked out their web sight. That's where I got the idea to build it. It's not billet but I think I can get it done for about for about $1400 without the electronics. F&B system doesn't include the electronics.

Wow. Very nice work - I'm impressed!

Wow. Very nice work - I'm impressed!
Thanks I checked the air cleaner height today it sits about 3/4" higher then the six pack air cleaner My base plate sits flat on
the throttle bodies. The six pack air cleaner sits 3/4" lower then the throttle bodies. I have plenty of clearance to the hood with my setup but I' running a stroked 400 so the intake sits lower.

Up date fuel injection installed and running. This winter project has been installing six pack fuel injection and computer. I went with Holley HP with LS wiring harness. It is set up for coil near plug system and I'm using GM truck coils and 58x trigger wheel with Jeep cam sensor. Some
100_2555.JPG
100_2561.JPG
100_2562.JPG

100_2565.JPG

crank trigger setup 58x trigger wheel
100_2578.JPG
100_2583.JPG

IAT mounted in air cleaner base
100_2586.JPG

IAC mounted in front throttle body

100_2590.JPG

PCV valve outlet mounted in center carb IAC cover plate
100_2588.JPG

TPSmounted on center throttle body shaft
100_2589.JPG

Lots of pictures

A few more pictures jeep cam sensor and adapter.
100_2594.JPG

100_2593.JPG

I used a Cadillac cts-v fuel module with a vaporworx fuel pump controller mounted in the tank
100_2547.JPG
100_2549.JPG
100_2554.JPG

Its running still working on the tune. I bought the computer system from Rich at fastmanefi he has experience tuning six pack setups. My computer skill are limited so this has been a high learning curve fore me.
Thanks for looking.
Mike

You have some great skills...
Nice 6bbl EFI set up...
I especially like the machining stuff & mechanical parts...

please don't take what I say next wrong
I'm not a big fan of the coil near/over plugs look
coil packs mounted to the valve covers, that's just me,
too bad that that part can't be hidden better, thou

Not to take away from what you did, it looks great :thumbsup:

so how much do you have invested in it now ?, just curious

Extremely nice job, one of the only reason I haven't done the same thing
is the tuning aspect & learning curve assoc. with it/computer crap...
Even if EFI expert Richard Nedball was to be helping me :BangHead:

I did/done ok with mechanical FI too...
I have EFI taste on a carburetor mentality/budget :lol:

Good luck, she'll be running lick a "Swiss watch" in no time...

Thanks Burbnicks No offence taken. I have a mixture of old and new school parts a lot of them I made myself I like the the look of coil packs on the valve covers for me it adds to the wow factor something you don't see everyday. With the sixpack setup computer wiring and fuel system I have about $3400 into it. I could of went with a cheaper fuel system and saved some money. If I did another one I could save a couple hundred just in buying the right stuff. Rich has been a great help I wouldn't be as far along as I am with out him. I have a 69 roadrunner convertible That I'm thinking about putting the sixpack set up on that I took off the Challenger but my nest project will be overdrive for the challenger.

Auto Transport Service
Back