• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six pack hood

PartsGuyDave

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Lookin to purchase a new fiberglass six pack hood for my 69 Coronet. With hinges. Any recommendations would be great. I’ve looked at some but want a quality one with reinforced hinge and latch. Thanks

The 6 Pack hoods were lift offs. Are you modding it for your car ?

I'm very happy with my AAR hinged hood. They have the 6 Pak hoods.

I had a Six Pak Hood, Hinged back in the 80's from someone local
and the thing I liked about it was their hood had a peak leading into the
scoop. Some of them use a Sattelite hood with the indentations that
start at the front and go into the scoop area. Not very nice looking!

Something like this?
DSC_4440 (Large).JPG
DSC_4437 (Large).JPG

I have a Glasstek hood on my 69 GTX. Fit and finish is very good, sturdy at the hinge mounts. No cutouts from the factory.

A couple gripes.

If you are going to make it fresh air, the underhood webbing support is for a standard hood so the cutout is going to be fucky.

And the hood loop ( that locks the hood down to the hood release) bolt bosses were in the wrong spot. Couldn't mount it.

Emailed them 3 times, all unanswered so an F for any customer service.

Since I live so close, I wouldn't mind going in to their shop and explaining that we at FBBO
don't take that ****! (If you want)

My Glasstek...
20180803_091442.jpg
20180803_110426.jpg

This is how off the mount bosses were..
20180804_114329.jpg

And the bracket, which I was able to tweek to bolt up...
20180804_114306.jpg

20181023_174251.jpg

You Guys do realize that they made two different hoods with different locations
for the latches in 68? Early & late. If you go on-line and try to buy a steel hood
from AMD, they'll show you the measurements from the driver's side edge of the
hood to the holes on both hoods. I'm sure they only have the "Late" locations on
their glass hoods. I have an early GTX built in June and it's QQ1 (early only color)
and the more scarce hood. What a P.I.T.A!

Like threewood, I also have a Glasstek hood. Just like he said they don't cut the openings in the scoop, but not too bad to DIY with a cutoff tool.
I don't use any of the stock latching mechanism so I can't comment on that but I do use my factory hinges (different springs are required) and hood pins. Still working fine.
The hood makers don't sell hinges as far as I know so you'll have to dig up a used pair....put an ad in the 'want to buy' section and keep an eye on the for sale threads.

--oh check AMD. I see there's some at Jeg's/Classic Ind/wherever...

Last edited:
You Guys do realize that they made two different hoods with different locations
for the latches in 68? Early & late. If you go on-line and try to buy a steel hood
from AMD, they'll show you the measurements from the driver's side edge of the
hood to the holes on both hoods. I'm sure they only have the "Late" locations on
their glass hoods. I have an early GTX built in June and it's QQ1 (early only color)
and the more scarce hood. What a P.I.T.A!
This went on my 69 GTX and the hood is sold as a 68 69 Roadrunner Six Pack hood. I don't see an early or late version.

My '66 Satellite got an AAR hood with tall '66 Hemi scoop with hinges. It's not real light but very stout. I used stock hinges with lite hardware store springs and front pins, no stock latch. It's great. Maintenance would be easier with a lift off hood though. Just sayin.

My '66 Satellite got an AAR hood with tall '66 Hemi scoop with hinges. It's not real light but very stout. I used stock hinges with lite hardware store springs and front pins, no stock latch. It's great. Maintenance would be easier with a lift off hood though. Just sayin.
Kind of hard to lift off a ‘lift off hood’ by yourself though isn’t it? I’m in the market for a hood right now and am also thinking of AAR. How was their customer service and product quality in your opinion? Thanks

Kind of hard to lift off a ‘lift off hood’ by yourself though isn’t it? I’m in the market for a hood right now and am also thinking of AAR. How was their customer service and product quality in your opinion? Thanks
No, I used to take off my AAR lift off sixpack hood and place it on the roof of my 69 Coronet R/T by myself all the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back