• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Roadrunner Clone

Garys1969RR

Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
I bought a 69 RR last summer out of Riverside Ca which had a 440 installed with with a 6 pack hood and auto trans. Although it was originally a 383 car, I have decided the next step would be to put a 6 pack intake on it and clone it into a 440 6 bbl Roadrunner. So this will be a thread to document the process. Any suggestions/thoughts on the subject are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150806_133459_resized_2.jpg
    20150806_133459_resized_2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 743
  • 20150806_133449_resized_2.jpg
    20150806_133449_resized_2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 777
  • 00S0S_htYqE3YFMzZ_600x450.jpg
    00S0S_htYqE3YFMzZ_600x450.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 805
  • 20150806_133643_resized_1.jpg
    20150806_133643_resized_1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 776
There was a for sale ad here a few days ago with the correct intake and carbs for the 69.5

The body is really straight with no rust or bondo. Hard to find one this clean. It also has subframe connectors, full manual shift valve body, console and bucket seats.

You can't beat a six pack for that cool braggin factor but I've heard and read that dual quads might be easier to tune. Either way nice car, you're doing the right thing by researching first.

There was a for sale ad here a few days ago with the correct intake and carbs for the 69.5
Yes I saw that. All new still in the box complete set up including the throttle cable and brackets. He went with the Hemi instead of the 6 pack in his Super Bee. That the one your referring to?

Yes I saw that. All new still in the box complete set up including the throttle cable and brackets. He went with the Hemi instead of the 6 pack in his Super Bee. That the one your referring to?

No it was an original set up from a 69.5 I thought it was here that I saw it but it could have been on forroadrunnersonly

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=340572

image.jpgimage.jpgYes and it's mine also have original air cleaner for extra!,.pm me

Sweet Runner you have there. Many years ago I swapped out my stock GTX hood out for N a12 and also went with the six pack intake and carbs. Never happier with anything I've done to the car in the 4 decades I've owned it. It turned a mean 440 machine into a violent, nasty machine. I think you'll be happy with your choices.

Hi, that looks like a great set up for someone seeking total originality. However, since this is a clone, I want to go with all new reproduction parts. And I can get most of what I need for around $2500. Good luck finding a buyer! I'm sure someone will make an offer.

:hello2:I guess it's EBay

I don't think thats an A12 cleaner base though right? I believe it's supposed to be a bathtub? I had a A12 in 1977 or so it was a 410 4spd, but the aircleaner stuff, going by memory, was a big tub with a rubber gasket around it. I do believe the new carbs would be better for you then some old carbs, and also if you can find them, the old DC race metering Jet plates. They are kinda hard/simple to find, but well worth the cost. They will add the extra smile that most lack after they have owned a 6pk for a while. I have owned a few dozen 6pk set ups, built them and tuned them myself. So I am no stranger to this subject. I just don't post a lot.. I have even built the impossible adjustment tool they say you can't make to adjust your carbs without moving the front and back carbs each time for adjustments. But you can use a certain jap made motor cycle carb adjuster tool, cut it here n there, bend it here n there, and it will work like a tool specially designed for the purpose. I live on the words, It can't be done. I don't like hanging around Negative people as it is. Ya just can't advance to the front of the line that way. Good luck with your build....ALAN

Ya that's not a '69 air cleaner. The '69 are a "bath tub" with the lid on the carbs and a rubber tube sealer to the hood. I had several 6 Pak setups back in the day. The best I had was the original '69 aluminum intake and a set of '70 carbs. I don't recall if they were 4 spd or auto carbs though. In "stock" condition, with light springs in the secondaries they worked great on my 12.0 440.

Was the original 69 1/2 intake a cast aluminum made by Chrysler? If so, I assume the ones cast by Edelbrock were the same other than having the Eddy logo on them?

- - - Updated - - -

And I suppose the new reproduction intakes made by Edelbrock match their original ones?

Alan your Right! That's just a original Stock '69-70 Ramcharger / Air grabber air
cleaner not the Box A-12 .

- - - Updated - - -

The Original Intakes were a Combination of Eddy/ Chrysler ,both stamps are on the casting,with Chrysler being stamped in the Middle of the manifold 69/70 casting
#3412046. '69 #3412048

Last edited:
Gary I bought my complete set up from Jegs. I got the 71 carbs as mine is non#s car.IMG_20151121_150124.jpgIMG_20151125_173035.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My base is a fiberglass piece which fits reasonable well. It needs the clips that locate the filter and drain spouts. The cheaper lid from Jegs doesn't have the sharp bent lip on the outside but still works fine. You'd have to know what your looking for to spot it. My is going to be a street/strip car so I bought the better metering plate for the center carb & the promax base for the rear carb for easier adjustment of the rear carb idle circuits. You can see them on my 69 GTX thread.

Thats really nice looking! Are you having a motor built for the car? What cyl heads are you going to use?

- - - Updated - - -

I see your having IQ 52 build your motor? Cool. He does a great job and really knows his stuff. That thing should really scream with the Trick Flow heads, and a six pack! You should have no problem getting into the 11s . Keep us posted as to how things are going. I'm following the thread closely! Good luck.

591 HP & 563 ft lbs so far with single plane & 4bbl

Find a 6 bbl yet?
Yes! Ordered one from a member here, complete and brand new. All parts included, new 6 pack throttle cable, linkage, carbs, intake, air cleaner assy, and throttle cable bracket. It's been sitting in the original box and packaging for 10 years, so I hope the carb gaskets haven't dried out.

Auto Transport Service
Back