• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skat Blast cabinet- reviews?

MoparBill

Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
I am seriously considering a Skat Blast 960 blasting cabinet. Do any of you guys have any feedback? I will be using it to blast brackets and pulleys, rims, etc. I am open to other brands but will likely avoid Harbor Freight. I have a Quincy 60 gallon 5 horse 2 stage compressor which should be adequate for occasional blasting.
Any input?

I have owned a skat blast cabinet for 18 years. It has performed great. TP tools parts dept. has been great the few times that I have needed parts. I'm planning on ordering a bigger compressor from them.

The cabinet is just a box. Obviously a good one will tast longer without grief.
In my opinion don't skimp on a good light, vacume, and gun. Foot operated preferably.
These item are much more important than the cabinet itself.

cabinet

I have owned a skat blast cabinet for 18 years. It has performed great. TP tools parts dept. has been great the few times that I have needed parts. I'm planning on ordering a bigger compressor from them.

Same here, more like 25+ years. If I was doing it over I would set the cabinet up high enough so you are not bent over all the time when blasting, gets to your back. May just build a box to set mine on one of these days when I have time (yeah right).

My Empire cabinet is exactly head-high to me standing upright, in fact, since the cabinet is so big, and I can't even reach in and touch the back wall...I almost have to tippy toes to do my cabinet blasting work!

Hi I have The TIP # 960 SE which I added the Wheel option, now it moves around the Garage when needed. If you live near north east Ohio, the Beat time to buy is the Friday & Saturday after Thanksgiving Dock sale. As far as the blast cabinet goes it has been great and Replacement part are Available. I took some PIC

David H.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 736
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 746
  • DSCF0005.jpg