• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SLANT 6 B BODIES

Darter6

Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Any and All Members that have a Slant 6 B body lets see 'um !
I have always been a fan of the 'ol Slant. Just was wondering if anyone has one
and didn't put a V8 in it.

A guy in Bull Head AZ has/had a 64 Dodge 330 slant 3 on the tree.
I lost contact with him a few years back.

Any and All Members that have a Slant 6 B body

I'm sure that 99% of the B body's built that had /6's were either taxi's, city service vehicles, etc. and also most likely 4 door models that have been beaten to hell and back. Good Luck in your quest though.

I remember a girl that drove a really nice looking 67 Coronet 500 2 dr hardtop. Silver with black vinyl top. It was a factory slant 6 car. And I have seen a 2nd gen Charger with a slant 6.

I found mine a year ago in Kansas. It is an original 66 Coronet 440 with the Slant and the whole car is unmolested and original. It was purchased new by a 58 year old woman in Pittsburg, Kansas. All I ever hear at the cruise-ins is "drop a Hemi in it!" I'd love a Hemi, sure, but mine is staying original. No 3 on the tree, TorqueFlite A-904-G. I have pictures in my gallery.

PXL_20221204_172406126_small.jpg

I found mine a year ago in Kansas. It is an original 66 Coronet 440 with the Slant and the whole car is unmolested and original. It was purchased new by a 58 year old woman in Pittsburg, Kansas. All I ever hear at the cruise-ins is "drop a Hemi in it!" I'd love a Hemi, sure, but mine is staying original. No 3 on the tree, TorqueFlite A-904-G. I have pictures in my gallery.

View attachment 1465493

that thing is a time capsule!

I just had the front end mechanicals spruced up so she drives like a dream now - but no modifications. I replaced the 4 ball joints, the control arm bushings, and the shocks. The tie rod ends are still in fine shape. Also, all brakes have been rebuilt with new stock parts. I just like driving it around anywhere. I don't miss power from a V8 as I recently had a Challenger Hellcat for 4 years. The Slant gets me around fine.

This was mine. It was actually born with the slant 6 and 3 on the tree.

it’s not dead yet, but it won’t die that way. It’s now a 451 18 spline 4 speed Dana 60 car.

IMG_0385.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

Last edited:
I did the same my 65 Belvedere started life with a 225 3 on the tree.
In went a 451 with a 5 speed.

My '62 Savoy wagon started life with a /6, 3-spd., now has a 440, 4-spd. My previously owned /6's included a '62 Savoy, '64 Savoy, '65 Fury I, '69 Belvedere, '70 Belvedere, and '71 Satellite. Sold them with the /6 still in place.

My very first 68 Charger I ever bought back around 1980 had a pile of 440 parts in the back seat when I bought it
Total rot box
Long before internet snooping
Still have the ownership card for it and come to find out it was a factory slant 6 car by the VIN
Back around 2000 I used to drive a 73 RR and picked up an original 73 Charger with a slant 6 in it
Was going to do big things to the charger and put a power bulge hood on it but ended up selling it still running with the 6 in it
Still have the perfect flat hood I took off it in the shed

The parts car for my 67 Belvedere wagon is a 4 door 225/904 with AC and a silver special interior. Interesting combo for sure.

The guy I bought the wagon from was also selling a 66 Coronet Deluxe wagon 225 auto. yellow with a tan cloth interior.
The interior was nice but the body had rust and a big side swipe on one quarter.
He was sentimentally attached to it, though and despite the Belvedere having a V8, AC, and a MUCH better body wanted more than three times the Belvedere's price for the Coronet.

About 25 years ago, I worked with a guy that had a 70 Belvedere 2 door with a 225 and 3 on the tree manual.
It was super clean and straight. I don't see too many 1970 Belvederes.

My 65 Coronet /6 auto. I loved that car. Very reliable and smooth. I sold it last year to make room for my wife 67 Fury wagon.

65coronet1.jpg

My '65, mostly a survivor, /6, auto on column,
1002211341.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back