• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

slant six stuff

Badvert65

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
Ok, so I am killing time in my shop, over vacation. 400 block is at the machine shop so not much to do there. I still have the slant six in the Belvedere so I figured I would make the most of it. I decided to swap my Super Six stuff from the wrecked Volare to the Belvedere. Of course, exhaust manifold was cracked, so I got one off Ebay. It was cheap but not a good casting. ports at the head were undersized and odd shaped. The pipe outlet was 1 3/4 at best. I decided to maximize the six's potential so I ported the daylights out of the exhaust manifold. It is port matched at the head and the outlet is 2 1/4 now. Intake was factory so it didn't need much help there. I did block off the EGR ports. I modified an old chrome valve cover while I was at it. Anyway, now just waiting for the weather to warm up enough to make the swap. Not sure how much difference it will make, but I will sleep better.
SixPort2-web.jpgSixPort-web.jpgSixTop-web.jpgTopSix2-web.jpg

Lookin good ! I have a fondness for the Slant...

Auto Transport Service
Back