• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sled city fiberglass

poly1963

fire truck pilot
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
i sent them 3 e-mails and no response does anyone if they are still in business?

I talked to Larry a couple weeks back and they were in the process of moving to a new warehouse so they might be a little too busy to answer emails. Give Larry a call and see whats up.
PM with # sent

i sent them 3 e-mails and no response does anyone if they are still in business?
I usually answer emails unless I am away and then it takes as long as 2 weeks. When I am on vacation, I am on vacation, I don't even take a cell phone. If you are looking for 63 Dodge Parts, we make hoods doors fenders lower valances trunk lids bumpers and 3 heights of max wedge scoops. Even though I have been a member on this site for a while, I just started to participate in it. I am not sure if I can give out info on how to contact me here on this site, but I am Sled City Fiberglass. Larry

Just send a pm (private message) and go from there.

Do you have anything for the newer cars such as the 66-67's? Been awhile since talking to you and iirc, you said y'all been thinking of making molds for those such as fenders etc....

We make the 66-67 Plymouth Belvedere and the 66-67 Dodge Coronet, Lift off hoods, fenders, bumpers and of course the scoops. Can I post my phone number on this site in a post? I think that is against protocal, isn't it?

You make the more authentic max wedge hood scoop? The one I have is the thick fiberglass one!!

Not sure what a thick one looks like, but if you try to make a fiberglass Max Wedge scoop look identicle to an aluminum factory unit, ( the way they mount), you are asking for trouble. The glass will crack along the hood line and the next thing is "BY BY SCOOP". Arlen Vanke was the one that pointed that out to me. Arlen was in agreement with me that I have a no stress system on mine. That is why we have a warranty against blow offs and cracking.

I'll send a pic and see what you think.

The hemi scoop that I got from SledCity for my '65 was, and still is, outstanding.

This is the scoop on it now, the other ones I have seen just have a bolt in the center. IMG_9022.jpg

Are your stock height mw scoops the same length and width as a factory piece? As in, will they fit correctly if I use a factory template for the fresh air holes in the hood? Can you post some pics? Thanks

That is not one of my scoops but the edge looks like what comes out of my molds. To get the square edge you simply sand the angle off. My scoops are the original size. I just sold my 3rd aluminum nosed 63 Dodge. "I" know what an original Max wedge scoop really is! As for fit correctly, that is all in ones mind. The factory units didn't really fit correctly to the hood. All three of my cars had various gaps between the hood and scoop. My mounting system allows for people to tweek the fit if desired, by trimming the bottom to fit better. Different hoods have different curves. Go to the Sled City Fiberglass site and all the cars in the Customers Gallery have at least my hood scoops on them.

As far as fit I just wanted to be sure that they will cover the fresh air holes correctly if I use a factory template to cut them out. Some scoops out there vary quite a bit from original specs. Obviously there will be some work to be done to properly mate any scoop to a 50 year old mass production hood. Thanks for the reply

My advice for cutting the holes in the hood is, Cut the holes where your carbs are. I have had too many clients complain about the "Factory templet" not matching where their carbs are. One actually said that my factory holes in my aluminum hood , ( from the factory ),were too small pertaining to the "Factory Templet".

They will not ship to Canada...asked them awhile ago..only U.S shipping...that is why I bought mine off Superstock440 a member here, he is ,aking them now.
Al

Auto Transport Service
Back