• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SledCity Hood Scoop Mod

67 Mopar

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
After cutting a hole in the hood for my 67 Charger Resto-Mod, I trimmed my SledCity WO23 Scoop to fit the curves and lines of the hood perfectly. Never one to leave well enough alone, I decided to build a funneling wall on the underside of the scoop to direct all of the incoming air through the hole in the hood. This wall would also serve/double as a shield, keeping leaves, lost birds, and other useless debris from collecting in the far back reaches of the scoop where it would be difficult to remove them short of removing the scoop itself.

In the end it turned out real nice, adding strength to an already strong & sturdy design... and it fits real well too... no tension on the hood or the scoop, it just drops right on with no light leaks under the wall. I was going to use a thin piece of rubber or foam to make up for any minor fitment errors, but in the end it turned out so well, that won't be necessary.

I like it you did a nice clean job five thumbs up :sSig_goodjob:

IMG_0890.jpgIMG_0478 (1).jpgLooks great! That's kinda what I'm doing to the 67 Coronet. Instead of the single large scoop I have two scoops with a raised cowl in-between them. I built airflow runners under each to funnel the air across to the center and under the cowl edge then down into the same cut out where you have the screen. I need to get some of that screen, where did you get yours?

Stainless Steel Mesh commonly used in industrial ventilation systems... I pulled it out of a scrap metal dumpster. :icon_pidu:

I was going to get it from Home depot so I guess I still will. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back