• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeve for 741 pinion yoke?

I had a 727 yoke that was rusty and asked the tranny man if they make a sleeve for tailshaft and he said no. He then took my rusty looking yoke ran it on a lathe and it came out perfect, clean as a whistle.

It's been awhile but I got 'em from Year One.

sleeve1.jpg
Think this is it. The gray cup drives it on, use a block of wood on top of it. It will dent because you need to hit it pretty hard.
wid12.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-M...r-sleeve-speedy-sleeve-with-tool/183799986628

Last edited:
Take the yoke to kaman bearings in Tucson. They have sleeves for everything.

I have an extra yoke if you want it for shipping cost. I'll check but I think it was in pretty good shape.

I have an extra yoke if you want it for shipping cost. I'll check but I think it was in pretty good shape.

Thanks Mark, the one I have I would have swore would have not leaked after I got done with it. It had once tiny pit in it but I guess that it lined up exactly with the seal lip..... I'll let you know.

Auto Transport Service
Back