• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small Block with AC and HD Cooling

JimKueneman

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a photo of the upper radiator hose for a '68ish SB with AC and the HD 26" radiation that they are sure is the original shape? I bought an AC Delco one and though it does fit it seems a bit stretched.

The only small block photo I have It's a A body. Hope it helps.Now that I posted it,,,Not much help..Oh well I tried.

IMG_2186.jpg

Thanks. That looks like a 22" radiator and the hose looks like mine but I have a 26" factory option. I can't find a 26" radiator listed as a replacement part for a 318. This may be the fourth thing I have found on this car that the experts have said were never on a 318 car!

When it comes to Ma Mopar,never say never. I worked for her and have seen lots of never did, never had. But here it is......

Get one tomorrow on car at my shop I just got back from road trip resting now

Ok here is the final answer, I located an outrageously expensive dried out NOS factory upper hose. They are just a tad different than the "fits 40 different models" replacement available. And that tad of a difference makes it fit perfect.... I still don't what what to do with this new knowledge and thinner wallet since I can't find a reproduction like the OEM but now I know.

DSC_0379.jpg
DSC_0380.jpg
DSC_0381.jpg
DSC_0382.jpg

This might be closer to what you are looking for, its a Gates 20874 hose from Oreilly, it has better angle as you can see for small block with 28 inch radiator.
20140318_195257cutoff.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back