• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small garage lift

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought one of these 1800 lbs cap Chinese lifts on eBay.....?

Dont no if they are junk....

some feedback please..

Thanks Guys

s-l1600.jpg

Don't know anything about them, but with a 1800# limit; I'd be thinking more like 900#. And keep your body parts clear!

No experience, but I'm sure if you don't overload, you'd be fine. As long as the beam that that's bolted to can hold up to do the job!

I have one of these. It looks like it came out of the same brain-trust. I have it mounted low on the back wall of the garage and have used it for pulling cars into the garage or onto a trailer.

My only complaint is it only has one speed and it can be a little too fast. You have to tap the button to get just a little movement and it can get a little jerky.
IMG_20210822_185536.jpg

That’s a ceiling mounted winch.

Yes I plan on mounting it in my 10 foot ceiling rafters about two feet from the wall..... pulling my new little car dolly up against the wall saving floor space.

The dolly weights 500 lbs and is under 10 foot in length X 8 foot wide.

The back drive on ramps on the car dolly will have two cheap Harbor Freight 4 wheel dolly skids allowing to car dolly to roll up tight to the wall.

I will tie it off against the barn wall beam so no weight will be on the winch other that keeping the tung in a upright position at the top.

I believe my plan will work but the weakest point is the cheap Chinese winch....

of course I will beef-up the ceiling rafters (24inch centers) for support.

tow dolly.jpg

Last edited:
Then that should be more than adequate for hanging a car dolly I would think.
What about adding a small “I” beam and a trolley from harbor freight so you can add versatility and use the winch for more than just the car dolly.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about them, but with a 1800# limit; I'd be thinking more like 900#. And keep your body parts clear!

The lift has a double loop that acts as a block and tackle doubling the lifting power... not a single lift.

single lift (which it has also) would be half the lifting power or about 900 lbs.

Then that should be more than adequate for hanging a car dolly I would think.
Once up on the wall I would add some hooks / hangers to be sure it stays in place.

Yes as I said it would be secured on the 6X8 wall beam.

I will send some pictures of it when I get it done in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for your input

I have one of these. It looks like it came out of the same brain-trust. I have it mounted low on the back wall of the garage and have used it for pulling cars into the garage or onto a trailer.

My only complaint is it only has one speed and it can be a little too fast. You have to tap the button to get just a little movement and it can get a little jerky.View attachment 1156226

Hello sir.... my point here is it (still) working properly as long as you have had it?....

Thanks

It doesn't get a lot of use but still works fine. The motor should last longer than I'll ever need it. There's not a lot to them. Directional switch on the control and cut off switch for when the cable is retracted.

It doesn't get a lot of use but still works fine. The motor should last longer than I'll ever need it. There's not a lot to them. Directional switch on the control and cut off switch for when the cable is retracted.

Cool........... Thank you Sir.

I will give it a go! Mike

Planing to do the same thing with both my tow dolly and my 5x8.5 trailer.

I was going to use a hand winch shared between the two.

Might need to rethink that if I can get motorized ones cheap enough.

My shop is I beam and purlin, though so mounting will be different.

way back burner project but I'd like to get those trailers out of the weather.

Auto Transport Service
Back