• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snowing again.

SteveSS

Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store last evening and people were wearing coats. Not jackets, coats. Supposed to snow into tomorrow.

well that sucks,it going to be around 100 this weekend. Only mid 90s this week.

I went to the grocery store last evening and people were wearing coats. Not jackets, coats. Supposed to snow into tomorrow.

We've gone from mid-March weather to late June weather (today) in a week and a half.

rain and snow and highs in the 40's forecast all thru this week and weekend. Race season keeps getting shorter.

Last edited:
My cherries are getting larger but still green. Peas, carrots and tomato plants doing nicely. The farmers around here harvested their first hay crop a few weeks ago.

Man, we had hail and rain in San Jose. In May! No wonder they are putting that net next to the Golden Gate Bridge railing. This is hard to take.

front.jpg
Before it was haha, it's snowing. Now it's beginning to get real. Roads are covered 2WD wouldn't work very well in my neighborhood right now. Sometimes it snows at our elevation, 7200, and will rain just a couple of hundred feet lower.

Last edited:
Four Colorado resorts are hanging on to the last few weeks of the 2018-2019 ski and snowboard season with the recent late-spring snow storms.

Aspen Mountain is even reopening for Memorial Day weekend, beginning 10 a.m. Saturday. This ski area expects to have 130 acres of terrain open that skiers can access by Ajax Express chairlift. For ticket prices and hours, click here.

Breckenridge Ski Resort boasts nearly half of the terrain is open through Memorial Day. The resort hasn't held on this late in the season since the mid-1990s, but with a base of 61 inches of snow currently, the extended time is possible.

Monday's forecast: Heavy snow expected in parts of Colorado
Base operations on Peak 7 will be open to shuttle late-season skiers to peaks 6, 7 and 8. Closing day is Monday, May 27. Visit the website for more information.

Arapahoe Basin, dubbed this season as "Maybasin," will keep lifts running well through June. The ski area will be open daily until June 2, then reopen for one more long weekend through June 7-9. The A-Basin website says that if conditions permit, chairs might still be running for additional weekends (July, anyone?).

More than half of the terrain at Arapahoe Basin is open with a base of 71 inches of snow, and more snow is expected in the forecast.

Purgatory Resort announced Monday that it will reopen Saturday and Sunday. Lifts will run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit the Purgatory website for more information.

View attachment 769829 Before it was haha, it's snowing. Now it's beginning to get real. Roads are covered 2WD wouldn't work very well in my neighborhood right now. Sometimes it snows at our elevation, 7200, and will rain just a couple of hundred feet lower.
Life in the Rockies brother...
Better than Tornados or Hurricanes

I bet that sucks. Were in for a rainy cloudy cool week here. Cool enough to drop some of the white stuff. Hope it gets warmer down that way. Thats our vacation area this year.

I know I know
a Calif. guy bitching about the freaken' rain/snow :poke:

yep :soapbox:
we had snow a couple days ago
big *** $0.50 cent piece size snowflakes
(not the SF bitchy whinny types)

in Mid/Late May,
it's usually 80*+ or normally more close to 85*-90* this time of year
than this constant drizzle & snow BS, mid 40*'s
we've had about 7 months of this ****, since Nov.

we are nearing 200% water, ground is saturated

we usually have maybe 60-70 days of measurable precipitation
even here in the Sierras

I'm so over this **** our Losers/Leaders here, is seeding the clouds
Is my best guess, (from good sources) for the extremes in weather,
it certainly isn't warming, if anything we are going the other direction

Mother Nature is a cruel BITCH
especially when these ********/people **** with her

It's FREAKEN' :BangHead: snowing again, :soapbox:
just 5 or so miles up the mountain...

Better than the 3 inches of rain we got in 24 hrs. More on the way today

Last edited: