• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So confused?

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
I have a 69 satellite with a 318 in it right now and I'm planning on putting a 440 magnum in it now I am fairly mechanically inclined but am relying on two of my friends to help with this project but I get so many different answers from so many different people,everyone on here is very helpful so I'll ask my questions to all of u and see if I can get a more reliable response,If I change the moter mounts will the 440 fit or do I have to do any other modifications?Like changing the k member,also are poly eurathane mounts any better than solid mounts?Also will I have fitting issues with going from a 904 trans to a 727? Anybodies help would be greatly appreciated,thanks alot!

All you need is 440 mounts the K member is the same.The 727 will also fit right in.If you are using headers bolt the header to the motor on the passenger side.Then drop the drivers header into the engine compartment.Wire up the header out of the way.Then lower the engine down slow and keep your eyes on the loose header.Once the motor is most of the way down then mount the drivers header to the engine.You will also need a new radiator.I would not run solid mounts unless maybe you have a race car.
jim

All you need is 440 mounts the K member is the same.The 727 will also fit right in.If you are using headers bolt the header to the motor on the passenger side.Then drop the drivers header into the engine compartment.Wire up the header out of the way.Then lower the engine down slow and keep your eyes on the loose header.Once the motor is most of the way down then mount the drivers header to the engine.You will also need a new radiator.I would not run solid mounts unless maybe you have a race car.
jim

Good Advice.

Also drive shaft and maybe rear end (you would want an 8.75"), possibly a radiator depending where your lower water inlet is (must be on left side), engine harness and exhaust hook up. Best to find a big block with all the pulleys and brackets. Also there are two yoke sizes so you will need to account for that. Most likely you have the small yoke.

Auto Transport Service
Back