• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I looked at this car today

cbodybob

Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I was allowed entrance into the building of this private collection today. Helps to know people right. This car is going to be auctioned off in a couple weeks at a local classic car auction. 1975 Dodge Charger Daytona 360. 29 thousand original miles. Some surface rust showing in several areas but nothing crazy. Drivers door panel was very loose. I’m interested in adding this to my collection. Just interested in the opinions on what a high-low on this car would be. And why/how you come to that conclusion if possible

0DED3753-A241-4A84-AA9C-2FF21F241FD2.jpeg

086A3437-2C62-4D83-8F35-A2971E8D7A77.jpeg

95209549-194F-4D8E-B674-19D919D001B1.jpeg

CDBE726D-32E6-4936-91DA-01FC2D25AC8D.jpeg

76FFC737-911F-4CA8-8DF7-4ACA9FF876CC.jpeg

Without looking at it.....25k?

Not my cup of tea
but here's an example

the comments below it are precious :poke:

there's one on www.BarnFinds.com
75 Daytona Charger
(same blue & silver, with gramas pillow blue valoure' interior)
it has 11,600 Miles & in near-perfect condition
reserve set of $34,999
nowhere even close to meet the reserve price, in the next 4 days
highest bid is at $17k
none of - tell-tale 'rust' like that car above has either
it has a 400cid BB, not a 360 LA
supposed to be the most desirable combo
I highly doubt it will meet the $$ reserve either
seems like a
throwing a price at the wall,
see if it sticks
IMHFO it's the not really for sale price, phishing
but if someone is dumb enough to pay $35k for it
they will sell

Last edited:
I paid a grand for one of those about 5 years ago! I was happy to double my money on it.

Without cool options like a big block, t-tops or Sunroof, power windows, cruise, or leather upholstery. I wouldn't pay more than 10k. For it. Because it's just a plain rusty charger with a decal kit. Just my honest cheapskate opinion. But anything mopar nowadays seems to be crazy $high$.

There's another one in www.Hemmings.com
Hemmings News
at a place in Youngsville NC
XS22K5 (vin) 29,465 mile (I'll bet the same car)
360 2bbl car, same blue & silver, with gramas blue couch interior

of course it doesn't show the current bid price
too much I'm sure if it's on Hemmings

Without cool options like a big block, t-tops or Sunroof, power windows, cruise, or leather upholstery. I wouldn't pay more than 10k. For it. Because it's just a plain rusty charger with a decal kit. Just my honest cheapskate opinion. But anything mopar nowadays seems to be crazy $high$.
It has a power sunroof & cruise

There's another one in www.Hemmings.com
Hemmings News
at a place in Youngsville NC
XS22K5 (vin) 29,465 mile (I'll bet the same car)
360 2bbl car, same blue & silver, with gramas blue couch interior

of course it doesn't show the current bid price
too much I'm sure if it's on Hemmings
Same car. Local collector. It wouldn’t let me pull the link up.

worth = value
Sorry, I'm not into them cars, I don't know them well either
looks like a Cordoba with a 2 tone paint job & some stickers

$12k - maybe $17k my wild *** quess,
seems like the crazy prices today

Last edited:
The one I had was two toned silver/greywith red interior, solid car with 56k miles on it.

Market is $35k for concourse, $25k for excellent, $20k for very good....

The one I had was two toned silver/greywith red interior, solid car with 56k miles on it.
looks pretty much the same from 75-77
maybe different flip-flopped two tones

like this, is 1977 press release
77 Charger Advert. #4 Daytona Press release.jpg

77 Charger Advert. #5 Daytona Options.jpg

77 Charger Daytona & Chrysler Cordoba Advert. #1 -fuglyass cars-.jpg

this is a Charger SE in 77'
77 Charger Advert. #3 SE Press release.jpg

the 75 Charger Daytona at Hendricks shop/collection
75 Charger #1.jpg

75 Charger #3.jpg

Those cars with a 400 get bid up to around $20k at auctions, but don't sell.

The car in post #1 is a 360 2bbl slug with no performance goodies.

I'll say low bid of $8,500 and a high bid of maybe $12,500. The owner probably won't let it go for a bid in that range. However, it only takes two bidders to run the price up to a higher price. That being said, I don't see high auction selling prices in the Carolinas compared to other parts of the country.

I see nice '79 Chrysler 300 cars (factory performance goodies) NOT selling for $10k to $15k. Eventually they sell, but for how much?

Those cars with a 400 get bid up to around $20k at auctions, but don't sell.

The car in post #1 is a 360 2bbl slug with no performance goodies.

I'll say low bid of $8,500 and a high bid of maybe $12,500. The owner probably won't let it go for a bid in that range. However, it only takes two bidders to run the price up to a higher price. That being said, I don't see high auction selling prices in the Carolinas compared to other parts of the country.

I see nice '79 Chrysler 300 cars (factory performance goodies) NOT selling for $10k to $15k. Eventually they sell, but for how much?
Drove a new one with a 360 in it and it did very well and yeah, put it to the test and was impressed. But have no idea what they are worth. Had a 77 Midnight Charger with a 400 but didn't keep it very long. It was pretty cool but could not seal the valve covers.....

Drove a new one with a 360 in it and it did very well and yeah, put it to the test and was impressed. But have no idea what they are worth. Had a 77 Midnight Charger with a 400 but didn't keep it very long. It was pretty cool but could not seal the valve covers.....
I had the same prob with a 77 400 Cordoba I had i high school. 1980 baby. I was styling & profiling in that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back