• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I think I'm finished.

bobtile

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
A lot of time went into this. I think it turned out ok.
It was my first attempt at bodywork and painting.
Before people see it in person, I have already realized mistakes that I've made.
I'm pretty sure tha I can still correct them if I chose to down the road.
I appreciate the time people gave me here to send me in the right direction.
I'll post up some progress pictures later.
Thanks for all the advice.
It kept me motivated through the 2+ months of sanding after work.

Screenshot_20201116-172348_Gallery.jpg

Lord yes, Bob - more pics of that gorgeous beast, please!

You tried (actually succeeded) doing your own bodywork and paint. That alone takes a lot of intestinal fortitude. You can be proud of any work YOU do. Mistakes, hell I still make mistakes, but I get a little better everyday. That is the most anyone can strive for. Job well done, and if someone points out something that is not quite right, ask them where their project car is.

I’ve never done a paint job, that was perfect. Most would look at the work, and say it’s perfect, but it’s not.

your car looks great! It’s very rewarding to do it yourself

You tried (actually succeeded) doing your own bodywork and paint. That alone takes a lot of intestinal fortitude. You can be proud of any work YOU do. Mistakes, hell I still make mistakes, but I get a little better everyday. That is the most anyone can strive for. Job well done, and if someone points out something that is not quite right, ask them where their project car is.
That stuff doesn't bother me.
When I built my GTX,(I didn't paint that) it took me 8 years in my driveway to get it moving.
I went to cruise nights and heard the guys that dropped 70k on their cars and did nothing but wax them point out flaws.
I just laughed at them.
That's the reason I started racing the car and now I thank them for that.
Most racers are the greatest people...

None of them are perfect. It's a hell of a lot of work. Even doing it yourself it's not cheap either. Congrats.
Doug

It's a never ending progression. You get better/learn with every paint job. I love painting, hate the prep that leads to it.

Looks great! I haven’t painted one yet, but it’s something I’d like to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back