• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, I've been stalking a Charger...

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
...'68, carport, looks to be dark turquoise, Magnum 500 wheels...and that's about all I can see from the road. *** end is sticking out, but it gets into shadow before I can tell if it has a vinyl top or not. I buzz by in my '70 every now and then, and if I ever see the owner outside, I'm stopping. My guess is "I'm gonna fix it up" - it's been in this carport for at least 10 years, I know people will have stopped and asked.

Anybody know or have production numbers by color?

I’d say if you roll up there in your ‘70 and rap on the door the guy should be willing to come out and bullshit with you. I know I would.

You have a great color scheme on your seventy, Mine is triple green as well. Turquoise on any charger is striking, all three shades. Maybe knock on the door and offer to mow the lawn, many people would say yes. Hey, if it works?

1. Whatever his response is (even if it's rude), show respect and defer.
His car, his property. He's not obligated to do a dang thing to accommodate you.
2. Don't get yourself shot.

Drive your car is a good idea. It shows you are more than a dreamer and the 68 will find a good home. Knock and step back a few paces to give them physical space.

Would you trade your Charger to them? If there is no sentimental attachment to the 68, they may like the idea of putting some cash with their car to get one that's already done.

When I found my Superbird, I rolled up in his driveway, got out and knocked on the door. My, how things have changed in 21 years. I can't imagine being afraid to knock on a door and ask questions.

Be honest and truthful about the potential value of the car if it's his widow that answers the door.

There's one over near me that fits your description perfectly, the guy bought it new in 68. 318 automatic dark turquoise, magnum wheels. Hasn't moved in 30 years. I sold the guy a rear quarter window when some douche broke his. I think that he might have passed away, but the family still has the car sitting there.

There's one over near me that fits your description perfectly, the guy bought it new in 68. 318 automatic dark turquoise, magnum wheels. Hasn't moved in 30 years. I sold the guy a rear quarter window when some douche broke his. I think that he might have passed away, but the family still has the car sitting there.

And you haven't inquired about it yet?

Drive that 70 right over and knock on the door! Spark up a conversation with whoever answers! You never know til you do! It just might be the right time!

Hey even if you can’t get the car right away, offer a hand to preserve it for free they supplies materials. If you show you have a positive interest in it he may really appreciate it and you just got your leg in! All in a positive way you just have to be careful on your approach. What’s the worst your out ? Some time and you may get to the folks or the car . Try to make it a very positive situation and your 70 may help!

Auto Transport Service
Back