• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So now they are going to start beating on our doors...

YY1

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
To see if we want to sell our property???

I get dozens of junk mail offering to "buy my unwanted real estate for CASH (if it makes sense for them to buy), and to give them a call now, what am I waiting for??"

Saturday, while I was out of town, my wife called and said a "young, muscular white guy" was beating loudly on the door, and the same guy had been there twice in the past 3 hours. She was not scared, but apprehensive and didn't feel like opening the door.
I advised her to get a ball bat, scissors, steak knife, hammer (she can swing a hammer good)...or all four, to keep handy.

As I pulled into the driveway, he happened to be there.
I opened the door with a 1/2" ratchet in my hand and asked what he wanted.
"I was just wondering if you've considered selling your property at _______?"
WHAT?
No. I'm not interested in that.
OK, thank you.
...and he left.

20 minutes later he was back.

I opened the door and he held out a piece of paper.
"I'll give you my number since I drove all the way from Orlando."
...and he sounded a bit put off that he'd driven all that way and I didn't want to sell- sorry if I F"N inconvenienced you.
I grabbed the paper so I'd at least have his contact info to report to whomever, or if any retaliation occurred.
I also pointed to the "No Soliciting" sign on the door and asked if he'd seen that.
"Oh, I'm not soliciting you to buy anything..."

...but you ARE soliciting me to sell something.

With that I told him he wasn't making any friends, and I wasn't interested in selling anything I owned, and if I was, I'd advertise it.

WTF???

Is this gonna be a thing now?

What's next?

Beating on our doors to tell us our auto warranties have expired?

Beating on our doors to tell us our auto warranties have expired?

They call on the phone and I like to waste their time and get them all pissy.
I get junk in the mail about buying property I have for a fraction of what it's worth so they must be fishing for stupid people who just want money asap.
They haven't come to my door and better not.

I’ve been getting a shitload of them as well. Now in the phone. One just an hour ago.

We get constant offers to buy our property here. Looking forward to accept the right offer...

I've heard from people I know looking to buy a house that RE agents are telling them a lot of foreigners are coming here and buying up property.

I get texts, too.

Usually for the same property, which is actually in my wife's name.

It's current value is around 180K.

I simply respond to the text with "$450,000".

That number is actually calculated as to what the rental income plus the sale of that property in 20 years is currently worth to us.

Any smart business person will tell you if someone wants to give us that 450K now...take it.

I've had a couple responses back asking if I am talking about the same property.

I respond to that with "$475,000".

One response asked if I'd be interested in a cash offer.

I responded "A cash offer over $450,000?, sure".

I have been getting postcards to buy my parents house that I own since they have both departed and just in the last 6 months or so started getting calls and texts on my phone to see if I wanted to sell the house.
Never have they showed up at my house. I live in the country and we don't take kindly to unannounced visits from strangers out here.

We haven’t started getting personal visits for this yet, only mail box notes. I figure it will taper off soon as mortgage rates go zooming out of sight from inflation and rising Federal Reserve rates.

What happens to Black rock & Vanguard when the housing bubble burst.? Does too big to fail happen to the good old boys..

Many years ago we were in the market for a newsed home. We'd looked at a few but there was one I'd liked for years so I told the agent to go ask if they wanted to sell. She kinda laughed and I said "I'm not kidding - if you can't get me that house I'll go to a builder and throw up a new one and you won't get a commission". Well, she went and asked but the owners weren't interested. Anyhow, its not an uncommon thing - especially nowadays !

What happens to Black rock & Vanguard when the housing bubble burst.? Does too big to fail happen to the good old boys..
Housing is only a small part of BR & VanG. They basically own Everything in one way or another. When the Central Banks are Exposed for Their Role, hopefully it will take them all down, and get Us into a System "For the People", not Enslaving the Population...

If you live by a top school district normal people will stop and ask if you will sell, especially if you are outside, I have no issue with it as I may sell some day. They do offer more than it is worth in my case. The commercial property gets hit by all these out of towers, we just say absolutely we will sell for replacement and relocation cost.

I noticed that some touched on it but is this possibly motivated by those private companies that pay well over market value just to then rent it out later? I’ve read that global interests are working to eliminate private home ownership for some crazy reason.

For whatever reason, most of the "I buy houses CASH" crowd wants you to think they are simple "mom and pop" operations.

Their signs are printed in a handwriting font that looks like it was done in their garage with a sharpie, their letters usually just give their first name (as did the guy at my door, despite him knowing my full name and address), and they always include elastic statements that seem to be there to justify a lower offer price than what you think your property might be worth.

It's like they don't want to let on that they are super rich, even though they are going to make you a CASH offer on your property.

How many properties can you or anyone you know afford to buy in cash?

Not many is the likely answer.

These people do it continually.

I call Mohammed and Jose' exactly what they are and they don't call back...

I call Mohammed and Jose' exactly what they are and they don't call back...

I hit the "play" icon and an absolutely perfect toilet flushing sound effect repeats until they hang up.

Auto Transport Service
Back