• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you think of this '70 V code 'Cuda? Super deal, or smell like fish?

Paul_G

Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
A 70 V code 'Cuda, no engine or K frame comes with the car. Most everything else is with the car, already restored or rebuilt, ready to install. $65000. But here is the catch, and seems like there is always a catch.

The car is in California, it has a Minnesota title signed off by the owner the current seller bought it from some years ago. Open title, just the owners signature, no dates or any other sales information on the title.

Might be legit, but maybe not. The current seller wants all $100 bills. No bank checks, no wire transfers.

So what are you all thinking?

00o0o_iGSLzZBrblVz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_ki2doCA6XxAz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00707_huTAy0rLDjrz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00000_7jNZgNpQs8Pz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00K0K_efTCCEoBnhPz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00J0J_cRSUg2Xekgrz_0CI0t2_50x50c.jpg

01111_3EbtQzao0ANz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_c1BFy89oal9z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00w0w_3Qqo7C3MKt4z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I love the color of the car, and the Scat Pack flag too BUT i honestly kind of smell fish. $65,000 sounds a little TOO good to be true, especially if it is a real V-code car. I still REALLY wanna see a fender tag picture though, that will tell everything.

Definitely not a deal IMO. I live in Alabama and have several cars that I have had for many years with signed open titles from other states. They're not needed here. Do you need just a drivetrain, and front suspension, or are you getting just what is seen in the pictures. 65K is pricey for what I see there.

Me ? I don't make a $65k gamble. Do you have to deliver the cash in a suitcase while you're wearing a fedora ?

Definitely not a deal IMO. I live in Alabama and have several cars that I have had for many years with signed open titles from other states. They're not needed here. Do you need just a drivetrain, and front suspension, or are you getting just what is seen in the pictures. 65K is pricey for what I see there.

He said all the major parts are with the car and ready to install. Interior trim, suspension less the rotors and calipers, all interior trim and seat frames, dash is in already. A833 is rebuilt, Dana 60 is rebuilt, just no engine.

REALLY wanna see a fender tag picture though, that will tell everything
I was thinking about "does it have the original fender tag?" and radiator support and body VIN stampings.
I assume an E body has VIN stampings in the radiator support, is another in the driver's side trunk seal area like B-bodies?
I know I found my body stampings on my real V-code Roadrunner, and it has the original fender tag, even though the block is a 71 w/6bbl innards, it has an aluminum Edelbrock 6bbl intake and the 18 spline 833 I am pretty sure is a replacement (it's a "spare" transmission now anyway since I got my Passon 855). The Dana 60 had the correct ratio Track Pack gears, but I don't know if it is the original Dana 60 that came with the car, and I put 4.10 gears in with the 5 speed.
The V in the VIN and other locations still means something to me, and I think ultimately adds value to the car, even with the multitude of modifications and stuff I've replaced, selling the original parts because it would have been really hard to approach making it "original" and for me, a LOT less fun.

If it is a legit car with matching vins and fender tag it would be well worth a look.
Vin is on cowl and core on E bodies. Should be several things on the body saying that is a V code 4-sd Dana car.

He said all the major parts are with the car and ready to install. Interior trim, suspension less the rotors and calipers, all interior trim and seat frames, dash is in already. A833 is rebuilt, Dana 60 is rebuilt, just no engine.
No K frame, no brakes, and what about the shaker. If all I had to add was a engine, yes. Unless I could look in person and inventory to know what I need, I would still have to pass. But take into consideration, I'm not an E body person although I love the color.

Buy one done for $100k-$120k with matching #'s and no drama, it'll be cheaper. is there even a complete Shaker setup with it? I bet it needs radiator, shaker, exhaust etc. Oh and it will NEVER be matching #'s when you go to sell it.
Also California cars used to be nice, Minnesota cars not so nice.

Assuming you really want it that bad and can verify it is a legit V code, 4 speed, etc. .... if you get a signed title matching the car VIN I'd say that you have little risk. You could always see if he has a bill of sale or call the previous owner for additional insurance.

Seller probably wants $100 bills to avoid the capital gains paperwork exercise..... or to hide it from his spouse!

Looks nice , but no matching engine ?
That's alot of $ for it. Jmho but once put together with some other old 440 that price is about what it's worth once its done.

Assuming you really want it that bad and can verify it is a legit V code, 4 speed, etc. .... if you get a signed title matching the car VIN I'd say that you have little risk. You could always see if he has a bill of sale or call the previous owner for additional insurance.

Seller probably wants $100 bills to avoid the capital gains paperwork exercise..... or to hide it from his spouse!

He ranted for a bit on the state of California going nuts. I dont know the details in that state, but I think there might be taxes due even if the car was not road worthy. Might be why he never transferred title.

I built this 71 V code 4-spd STP Dana. I know its a 71 and not a 70 which makes it worth more but it was non numbers motor but numbers tranny. No fender tag or sheet and a color change, was Gunmetal, but did have a known history. August built car. It sold north of 135K about 6 years ago. In todays market???

20160519_072049.jpg 20160525_131258.jpg 20160519_072134.jpg

Last edited:
The is crazy. I have a '70 V-code Cuda. Engine and 4-speed trans long gone. Car was heavily modified. Including cut firewall, K-frame and shock towers for Engine setback off frame rails via motor plate. Does have door tag. And correct cowl stamping that match title. But fender tag and windshield VIN gone. I bought 18 years ago. And elected to go with a Pro Street type build.

Had no idea these prices would have gone this nuts? I may have made a mistake not attempting a back to as original as possible build?

ZomboDroid 27072020230012.jpg

Go price what doing body and paint costs these days.and the price isn't that bad at all for a 70 V code Cuda,shaker,4 speed Dana car,as long as it is legit!

Auto Transport Service
Back