• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So whats up, here? Good actor or heartless dealer?

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1973-Dodge-Charger-CHARGER-SE/265025285447

I dont know, its a nice car but the seller makes the impression (see video) he does not really want to sell...

Also notice the 36k mileage claim. It looks very decent but looking at the passender side door panel (inside) for example i have a little hard time to believe that. Probably 136k miles.

However it looks to be a very nice car. :)

Also notice the 36k mileage claim. It looks very decent but looking at the passender side door panel (inside) for example i have a little hard time to believe that. Probably 136k miles.

we need a facepalm smiley badly

Carsten

Well with all the scams going on maybe im a bit too leery here :D
Overall it looks petty good so might as well be real 36k miles. :)

• Interior door speakers?
  • Black seat belts all around?
  • Steering is off, alignment issue caused by those right door panel scrapes?
  • A team of people and cameras to sell on eBay?
  • Blue motor?
  • Would love to see it in person and look for restoration work!

Curious about the adverts that were associated with the ebay listing...
upload_2021-1-25_20-59-55.png

I have never signed up or viewed free Slots. :lol:

Car looks genuine to me. Unless of course someone got a hold of a junker HEMI 4-speed variation, and slotted a 318 with auto & A/C into the hole, while making sure that everything looked pristine...including that almost new looking underhood bulkhead. Trunk decal and radiator support decal tell me the car is for real along with a few other details.

The white milky stuff inside the door jambs is probably either old washer fluid that has stained the paint, or some sloppy painter getting polish residue mixed with water down that door gap while buffing the crap out of the hood.

Too many things scream out genuine, and not enough alarm bells for me. :)

That's my 15 cents worth. :thumbsup:

But what is causing the wear on a car with that low mileage?
The only signs of 'wear' I am seeing are probably actually the result of an over-zealous job at cleaning the car up - too much rubbing with the wrong materials has caused rub-through on tired and aged surfaces.

• Interior door speakers?
  • Black seat belts all around?
  • Steering is off, alignment issue caused by those right door panel scrapes?
  • A team of people and cameras to sell on eBay?
  • Blue motor?
  • Would love to see it in person and look for restoration work!
Someone added door speakers. So what, happened a lot.
Yes many colored interiors had black seat belts.
What color should the engine be if not blue?

The door panels outside of the stereo hifi job show typical plastic break down from age. original 70s mopars most times will have that.
Funny but black & dark green seems to hold up the best.

Not saying that they were or were not options or std for the Brougham package, but my '74 Charger SE Brougham had pedal trim and the steering wheel/center was different, and as I recall, the seat belts were shoulder type, and not lap with detachable shoulder belts like my '69. My gauge cluster was different too, but maybe that was a std vs. rallye cluster too.

18k is pretty good for this car being a 318 car. Overall it looks good to me and seems to be a survivor. As for the speakers in the doors, I had the dealer do that on my 73 back in the day when the car arrived except I had them put the speakers in the kick panels.

But what is causing the wear on a car with that low mileage?

563bc71367689235.jpeg

The California sun and the age. I have a 71SSP with 56k original miles and the B-5 blue interior is chalky on one side...

Auto Transport Service
Back