• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So you think you can pull a good wheelie huh???

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Check out the Landy Dodge, A100 Wheelstander and Granny at the end :rolling:

[video=youtube;PtBoETwl5Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBoETwl5Co[/video]

Man I missed out on those oh well wonder if anyone has them on ebay? what's an old stingray worth these days?

We would be called a sissy if you had one on your bike. See how far you can ride without one!

Great video!

I could do wheelies on my Schwinn Stingray but not like some kids could. I've got the Sears and Roebucks version of the Sting Ray in a guest bedroom. 16" front wheel, springer fork, banana seat. and 4' sissy bar. They are so cool

this is a wheelie:
old-reliable.jpg

I did a pretty fair launch (wheelie) in 1967.

Shown is a pix of my 65plymouth B body funny car . Pix taken in 1967

Attachments

• 20110624_65.jpg
    20110624_65.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 407
we used to call it catwalk....I had the Huffy Dragster from K Mart in orange. Best I could do is about 2 city blocks. To this day every time I get on a bike...the first thing I try is...catwalk.

Shown is a pix of my 65plymouth B body funny car . Pix taken in 1967

Hoooooly $hit! That is F@cking awsome Mike except a wheelie is when the front is up. You have 3 out of four off the ground. That warrants it's own definition....or term. Did I mention that pic is F@cking awsome? Some serious torque going on there.

Talk about a launch. That has to be one of the best shots I've seen on this forum.

Any damage to the car on re-entry?

b body pix frame.jpg
Hoooooly $hit! That is F@cking awsome Mike except a wheelie is when the front is up. You have 3 out of four off the ground. That warrants it's own definition....or term. Did I mention that pic is F@cking awsome? Some serious torque going on there.

Talk about a launch. That has to be one of the best shots I've seen on this forum.

The first time I made the mistake of letting of the gas pedal completely and it did come "crashing down" It kinda squished my dropped oil pan about 1/2" and it actually bend the unibody frame....(this was way before the practice of tying the front and rear frame rails together. I took it to a frame shop and they succesfully straigtend the chassis. Then...I was probably the first guy (this was in 1967) to actually come up with "frame connectors" as I then used 3" channel iron to tie the front and rear frame rails together then I used kinda of a "truss" under the frame connector to keep it from bending the frame again as that was the weak point.

After that it came down just fine without any drama....I just never again let off the gas completely....lol

View attachment 239546

The first time I made the mistake of letting of the gas pedal completely and it did come "crashing down" It kinda squished my dropped oil pan about 1/2" and it actually bend the unibody frame....(this was way before the practice of tying the front and rear frame rails together. I took it to a frame shop and they succesfully straigtend the chassis. Then...I was probably the first guy (this was in 1967) to actually come up with "frame connectors" as I then used 3" channel iron to tie the front and rear frame rails together then I used kinda of a "truss" under the frame connector to keep it from bending the frame again as that was the weak point.

After that it came down just fine without any drama....I just never again let off the gas completely....lol

Thanks Mike. The 60s are tough to beat. Your pic and explanation prove it.

That was awesome!!! LOL Wham-o!!!!!! Here is the bike from back in the day, next to the 68 Satellite 4-door that was less then a year old at the time of the picture! hahahahaha

bike.jpg

I've seen several 3 wheels off the ground launches. They've mainly been with stick cars launching at very high rpm lol

And yeah, no sissy or wheelie bars for us either!

I've seen several 3 wheels off the ground launches. They've mainly been with stick cars launching at very high rpm lol

And yeah, no sissy or wheelie bars for us either!

or all 4 in some cases :headbang:

here's a few nice wheelies

funny how your a sissy if you have a wheelie bar on your ol'stingray
but everybody had "sissy bars" on them, go figure....LOL

Attachments

• 23 Ford T F-A Nanook #1 wheelie.jpg
    23 Ford T F-A Nanook #1 wheelie.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 23 Ford T F-A Worlock.jpg
    23 Ford T F-A Worlock.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 23 Ford T F-A Nanook #3 wheelie.jpg