• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

so, you think you got cubes?

I *think* it may fit in the engine bay of neighbour's Dodge Omni.......

Awesome vid, thanks...

You ever hear the stories of guys opening up engines and finding eye glasses, extra gaskets still in their plastic, tools, etc... "I think I left my hyundai suv in that engine"....

Seriously though 80rpm, I am not sure you can do an 80rpm burnout, you would need a lot of gearing...

Last edited:
You don't understand the size till you see one of these bad boys in person! It looks small in the video in comparison to being right next to it it's like walking down the streets of n.y city. You get very tired when you need to do a start up inspection on this big guy. I've never seen this one in person I've seen other s when I was a marine diesel mechanic. You couldn't pay me to go near one of these again (I will add I was in training when I was introduced to one of these)I don't think I'm smart enough to maintain these by my self
Thanks for the post

Truly a Mountain Motor

I saw a boat diesel of some sort at a vo tech school many years ago. It required 2 392 Chrysler Hemis to start it. They put a ladder inside the bore to sandpaper the crosshatch pattern on the walls. 600 RPM, but lotsa torque. Shook the rafters when they ran it.

It is started with compressed air introduced to the pistons following the firing order.

Hmmm...with over 1.5 million cubic inches, that thing must have a pretty large air filter!

While in the Navy on several ships, which by the way were still old fire boilers, we had hugh diesel engines for emergency back up for lighting etc. The thing that got me is that they had air starters on them. Man they would sing when we started them up.

Auto Transport Service
Back