• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soda Blaster: Who makes decent ones?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I think I could use a soda blaster in my life right now to hit some specific spots on my car and some miscellaneous parts. Are these any good? They look like they all foul up frequently and the HF has a lot of bad reviews. I want something I won’t get frustrated with. Wondering if one exists.......

Horror freight seems to be a slippery slope when it comes to blasters. They put labels on all i've seen saying, not for use with sand. Though they don't list what media they're intended for. I haven't found a good soda blaster yet. I've thought of building one from scrap.

20200703_140946.jpg

What ever you use, make sure you wear a mask, unless you're six feet away from,, oh wait,

Looks like a good soda blaster might be a mythical beast.......

You do know that a soda blaster won't touch rust or corrosion?

TiP in Ohio makes a nice one also there was another company from Ohio I think there called Badboyz

I have one from Eastwood. It’s convertible from soda to sand/media. I have used infrequently over the last few years but when I bought it about 10 years ago I soda blasted a long bed 87 GMC pickup I was getting ready to paint. It’s a slower process than media because it really only gets one layer at a time, and if any moisture gets on the soda it’s no good. But for work around glass, rubber, or trim it’s hard to beat.

Auto Transport Service
Back