• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold the DART today.

Mike Gaines

Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
My DART got loaded up today and went to Lancaster CA. The fella who drove for me at last weekend's NHRA California Hot Rod ReUnion liked it so well he bought it.
Now I can concentrate on my 64 Hemi Belvedere.

1.jpg

Specialty Drag cars are hard to sell, I'm glad you found a hired driver that likes it enough to buy it. If he drove it and wanted to own it, that speaks volumes to me on the quality of the car.

Specialty Drag cars are hard to sell, I'm glad you found a hired driver that likes it enough to buy it. If he drove it and wanted to own it, that speaks volumes to me on the quality of the car.
Well, he went 4 rounds to the Semi-Final in a very tough AFX class at the NHRA California Hot Rod ReUnion last weekend and, yes, he really liked the car.
We made 10 passes last weekend and all we had to do was put gas in the car...no issues whatsoever.
Here is a pix of one of the competitors the he put on the trailer during eliminations. A very tough driver and car to beat. That Barracuda is a HEMI car that was dialed in at 9.75. He broke out running 9.70 at 141mph trying to catch our little DART....we even took the stripe without breaking out ourselves.

20191027_141807.jpg

Last edited:
Got any more pics/specs of the dart, Mike?
Not in your Gallery.
Wish I woulda known it was for sale, but CA woulda been a long haul.

Got any more pics/specs of the dart, Mike?
Not in your Gallery.
Wish I woulda known it was for sale, but CA woulda been a long haul.

As of right now the car, with 35 pictures and a complete write up is still listed in RACING JUNK. Just type in 1968 Dodge Dart in the search box and it will come up.
I will be taking it out of that web site in a couple days.

4.jpg 5.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 31.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, sold another one...

good on you

Auto Transport Service
Back