• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solution to fit Edelbrock performer RPM intake and still using stock air cleaner...

strokie

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
tt-x-_3jjmE
air cleaner 002.JPG
Here a way to use Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold with stock air cleaner...
Actually it's a 451 (400 block 440 crank)
Imho I can say this is the best intake manifold for street and strip big block .
You must use mopar throttle bracket from Mancini p/n Item #: MREAR-1070 or other source for a 383 or 400 cid with 727 auto linkage
My personal experience at the track = 12.87 ET at 109.26 MPH
this set up may be use on 440 but never experience...

Last edited:
AND THE BEAUTY OF THIS IS THAT IT MAKE IT AN UNSILENCED AIR CLEANER LIKE THE 68-69 ROUND ROAD RUNNER AIR CLEANERS

One more thing you need also to add Mancini throttle return kit Item #: AR1060 and Edelbrock 8089 - Edelbrock Carburetor Fuel Inlet Fittings if you still use stock fuel line.
fuel line performer rpm 002.JPG
:)

Last edited:
IMG_2587.PNG
Damn same car as mine and my Holley, 440 and trickflows all painted to look stock at first glance just like yours!

Same color kk1 car too! Sweet.

I also run the RPM on my 451 under the stock flat hood. I did similar to the post above, with a drop base and the upper half of my stock air cleaner. Ran that way for a while, then eventually gave in to the desire for free hp via cooler air. Went to this:

IMG_0065.JPG

I'm going to do whatever I need to so I can use a dual snorkel Mopar air cleaner on mine for the stock look except that mine is now an m1 intake and quick fuel 950hp and small nitrous plate. Gonna mock it up and get it figured out, I'll post pics.

I know most think it's weird but I just can't stand the non stock appearing air cleaners on Mopars tho I tolerate the Mopar performance one. I don't even like cast aluminum heads, gotta be painted on Mopars for me.

Lemon wedge and strokie are great examples of exactly what I like and am talking about and both cars haul ***!

I also run the RPM on my 451 under the stock flat hood. I did similar to the post above, with a drop base and the upper half of my stock air cleaner. Ran that way for a while, then eventually gave in to the desire for free hp via cooler air. Went to this:

View attachment 411373
Description of that new air cleaner..brand and where obtained. I like that...................MO

If I'm thread jacking, let me know and I'll remove it.

I want to run a dual snorkel under my flat hood on my 66 charger (I know 66 didn't come with them but 67 did, close enough). I'm running rb block with trickflow heads, stock k member and steel moroso mounts. M1 intake with quick fuel 950 and small nitrous plate that measures .425 inch.

So far I have only ran into the air cleaner base resting on the float bowl screws. I can modify this easily but have to make sure that after I do, the throttle lever doesn't hit the base as I pull through to full throttle.

IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG View attachment 411450

Last edited:
hmmm...gives me ideas swirling around in my brain pan....lol.

These guys: http://www.ramairbox.com/
I used 4" flex-tube and fabbed the airhorns at the core-support from have material also.

View attachment 411676 View attachment 411677 View attachment 411678
Mine is more complicated. I want the inlets to be the inside headlight buckets. . That will require ducting thru the inner fender and fabrication. . I am using the Spectre air cleaner. I had it powder coated wrinkle black and just picked it up today. Also found a shop that would take on the ducting work, today. ...You did a nice job..............................MO

Mine is more complicated. I want the inlets to be the inside headlight buckets. . That will require ducting thru the inner fender and fabrication. . I am using the Spectre air cleaner. I had it powder coated wrinkle black and just picked it up today. Also found a shop that would take on the ducting work, today. ...You did a nice job..............................MO

Getting to the headlight buckets in a B body is tough. Typically there is a triangulated intermediate brace between the core support and the grille that is in the way. But if you can make it work, the same guy at ramairbox.com has some spun aluminum headlight ducts as well.

Also a 451 with an RPM intake, don't really see what the fuss is!! Mine fit fine?
20170219_194151.jpg

Do you guys think I would need to modify that much by putting the RPM into my stock ac 67 383 4bl?

100_2415_1343348429_o.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back