• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some help, and a not so basic rundown of my 73

StrayCat

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Ok guys. I am sorry if I am posting this wrong,( or in the wrong place) but I have been trying to get my facts together on this car, and to fit in everything i will be doing to it would require me to post in different sections in here untill I'm crosseyed.....

Ok. As you know by now I have a 73 Satellite Sebring, 318, auto, factory a/c car, ect ect...

As far as paint, I'm having it painted all white,(factory color) and later having the vinyl top installed, because the top of the car was painted under the vinyl anyways, it's just a matter of taking that extra step to put the vinyl on.

Having the crappy cloth white headliner ripped out and replaced with a white vinyl one.

Interior (other than headliner) will be done COMPLETELY original, vinyl is good all the way around, going to have the red plaid inserts redone tho.

New dash top. Rest of it is near perfect.

Tops of the door panels are fine, bottoms are all chalky, dunno what im going to do there....any ideas?

I WAS going to put a set of Cragar SS on it, but eh, that factory mopar rallys look good enough, anyways, who doesnt love the shine of a beauty ring :D. But I will be replacing the cheap tires that are on it with the goodyear polyglass tires that i believe are factory, getting those from Coker.

New seals all around.

New dual exaust, from front to rear.

Only thing I am not doing immediately is the underside. After this carshow season, im going to raise it, mask off the good new paint, and blast the bottom section, the rust on the car is minute at most, which is the main reason why i am fixing to slam so much money into it.

Now. Should i really bother reinstalling the A/C components after i switch the low milliage engine into it, and if the compressor is messed up, are they fairly simple to rebuild?

I DO NOT at all like the stance of the car right now. It's kinda low in the rear and high in the front, so the 14 in wheels on the front look so small with all that space above them, are the torsion bars adjustible for ride height, or just for softness/ ridgidity? I see two huge bolts in there that look like they could be used to adjust ride height. only want to drop it an inch or so to lvl it out.

I dunno. Heh. I don't know why I like this car so much. I really dont. But I do. From the moment I saw it I knew. I bought my 59 cadillac for 15,000.00, out of utah, spent another 15 grand in restorations and repairs.......and I like this car more. The body lines make me tingle. The overall design is just awesome. I just sold my 300zx twin turbo, a sportscar I wanted since the day I saw one as a kid, to fund the majority of this project. It's all going to happen fast. One month it shows up here on a trailer. By the end of the next month it looks and runs like it just came off the line. That is my goal. God help me.

Oh, only "unorthodox " thing being done to it is (i am sorry) but the side door and fender trim has to go. throws off the whole smoothness look of the body. I'm having it smoothed out. keeping the trim above the wheelwells tho.

"Tingle" is THE best reason to own any car.

Painting the roof before putting the top on is a good idea, and is what I had done on my (ex) Challenger. The factory didn't to save paint, and that's why they rust under the vinyl.

A/C. I happen to like A/C. I've acquired all the parts to put the A/C back in my 68 Dart Sedan cause I want to do the Power Tour with it when it's done. Comfort is more important the older and fatter you get. RV-2 compressors are pretty inexpensive, especially if you locate a rebuilder and buy there. I think I paid around $45 for the last one I bought. BUT, I'm planning on a Sanden type for the Dart cause it takes about 1/2 the horsepower to run it as the RV-2.

Those big bolts in the center of the LCAs are for preload on the bars, and will affect the ride height. Don't get carried away when lowering it. You can get the alignment out and also wind up bottoming out the car if you go to far.

Whichever wheels you go with upgrade to a 15". If you want to drive the car don't go with the PolyGlas tires. They will follow every groove in the pavement and will make the car seem to jump around. Don't ask me how I know lol

ADD4.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back