• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some kid from VA

Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
Hey, i know you guys have seen my "." thread. but this time i will get it right. My moper i have is a 1977 chrysler newyorker with a 440 with all original parts, which means those valve covers and gaskets are leaking like a sonofabitch. has rust-free body and surface rust on the frame. original paint and spare tire (suprised if it would hold air). it was bought as a transport vehicle for a local church and sat for i believe 7 years before my brother bought it. has a 4barrel intake but a 2 barrel delete.

Welcome from NY.
Here we were thinking you were a man of few words.
None in fact. :thumbsup:

Pictures are a requirement my friend.

Hey, i know you guys have seen my "." thread. but this time i will get it right. My moper i have is a 1977 chrysler newyorker with a 440 with all original parts, which means those valve covers and gaskets are leaking like a sonofabitch. has rust-free body and surface rust on the frame. original paint and spare tire (suprised if it would hold air). it was bought as a transport vehicle for a local church and sat for i believe 7 years before my brother bought it. has a 4barrel intake but a 2 barrel delete.
What is a 2 barrel delete?????
Oh, and welcome from Virginia.

The fact that we didn't scare you off with the "." thread speaks volumes about you kid. We're glad to have you aboard and what a memorable first experience, huh?

Welcome to FBBO from NY and let's see some pics of what you're working on!

The fact that we didn't scare you off with the "." thread speaks volumes about you kid. We're glad to have you aboard and what a memorable first experience, huh?

Welcome to FBBO from NY and let's see some pics of what you're working on!
Thank you a lot, and yes very memorable! and i will get you guys pictures as fast as possible!

a “2 barrel delete” is when there is a 4 barrel carb but the secondarys have been blocked off and the bowls were removed.
I see you are also from Virginia.
What kind of carb is this? Or was this? How do you remove the bowls from a carb?
Need pictures!
And the reason I am pushing the issue. Back in the mid or late 1970's, when gas prices had gotten high, there were people out there converting big block Mopars to run on 4 cylinders in an attempt to save gas. A local Auto Shop teacher from Roanoke I knew converted his 1970 Plymouth ex-cop fury. He converted the 440 to run on 4. It ran, but was a real slug. I don't know what he did internally with the pistons and valve train, but I remember he had a plate covering the secondary openings on the 4 bbl intake, and was running a 2 bbl carb. I'm pretty sure he later swapped another engine into the car.
If I recall correctly, this would have been around 1977 or so...
Any chance you wound up with a 4 cylinder 440?

newwelcome.jpg
Howdy....again...Squirrel! :thumbsup:

Welcome from NV. Be a nice cruzzer. Seams like they did adds back in the 70's they would say the car was so smooth they would have a guy in there cutting a diamond!

Auto Transport Service
Back