• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source For 71 SB /RT Hood Insert Studs

JG71B

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Searches don't show much. Anyone know of anywhere?? Even used ones??

They are not re popped, and I do not see used often.
You can reach out to Jimmy recharged on e bay.

Jimmy Boros

http://airgrabber.com/

I saw one at the Mopar Nationals this past year for $500

71 Superbee - Half the mounts where ripped off so I let it sit

Problem is you might bee better off finding a hood with the insert already installed

A lot of guys don’t want to separate

The R/T Louvered sections are very difficult in finding both the upper and lower section

Then the mounting cups
Screw inserts for the Superbee are different then the R/T
Mounting cups are the same

Roger Gibson I think reproduced those ?
Mounting cups - Cadium plated

These? I was looking for Road Runner hood insert studs and found these on RT Specialties.
F5DFCDF8-62A3-4D2D-9C6D-12ADAB78DC2A.png

Hard to see in that picture

Roger Gibson
BN Authentic 71-72 “bell nuts” as used on hood louvers and ram air units on 71-72 Plymouth (use 4 each)…………………………............ Set $60.00 71 Dodge R/T and Super bee louvers (use 12 each)…………………….. Set $180.00

Year One
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/sr183

Hard to see in that picture

Roger Gibson
BN Authentic 71-72 “bell nuts” as used on hood louvers and ram air units on 71-72 Plymouth (use 4 each)…………………………............ Set $60.00 71 Dodge R/T and Super bee louvers (use 12 each)…………………….. Set $180.00

Year One
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/sr183
Thanks! Fixed the title also, my bad. Tommy at RT Specialties is hooking me up, not cheap at $20 a pop for bell nuts but, I'll have them in a week, appreciate it guys!

Just text Jimmy a few days ago for other stuff

Check

The R/T studs and the Superbee studs are different - We get that , pot metal versus fiberglass on the one end of stud where they screw into insert
However the threaded portion of the studs for bell nuts are the same for both hood inserts

Anyways

I have 11 factory original bell nuts and all 12 studs for the R/T Louver - Bell nuts are the same for the Superbee hood insert

Are these reproduction bell nuts the same thread pitch as factory ? Year One sells them - R/T Specialities sells them

Getting conflicting info on these reproduction bell nuts versus the factory thread pitch - Damn things are not cheap and want to order 12 reproduction bell nuts

My cars are in storage , but might go over and pull a stud and bell nut to check factory thread pitch

Thanx Scott

Check

The R/T studs and the Superbee studs are different - We get that , pot metal versus fiberglass on the one end of stud where they screw into insert
However the threaded portion of the studs for bell nuts are the same for both hood inserts

Anyways

I have 11 factory original bell nuts and all 12 studs for the R/T Louver - Bell nuts are the same for the Superbee hood insert

Are these reproduction bell nuts the same thread pitch as factory ? Year One sells them - R/T Specialities sells them

Getting conflicting info on these reproduction bell nuts versus the factory thread pitch - Damn things are not cheap and want to order 12 reproduction bell nuts

My cars are in storage , but might go over and pull a stud and bell nut to check factory thread pitch

Thanx Scott
The Factory studs are a wood screw thread on the part that goes in the scoop the nuts I think are #10 by 24 the replacement studs I got were smaller on the scoop side but the Bell nuts were the same. I epoxied the new studs in the scoop.

The Factory studs are a wood screw thread on the part that goes in the scoop the nuts I think are #10 by 24 the replacement studs I got were smaller on the scoop side but the Bell nuts were the same. I epoxied the new studs in the scoop.
I managed to find a set of originals after hitting all the local hardware stores. Finally got them separated from the bell nuts as they've been sitting like that a while obviously. I will be epoxying mine into the insert tonight after I clean them up some more as some fit looser than others. No, not cheap at all. Managed to get mine for $80 shipped by luck on Facebook from the guy that runs the Super Bee registry site

If your willing to travel, a nice complete SB hood with insert is for sale in Denver CO area on Craigslist for $2800. Price is about right these days.

If your willing to travel, a nice complete SB hood with insert is for sale in Denver CO area on Craigslist for $2800. Price is about right these days.
Saw that. Needs a little but real clean hood. Can't believe how pricey now.

Thanx !

Definitely 10-24 thread pitch

I pulled these factory studs and bell nut off one of my 1971 R/T Louver insert
Pictures are factory parts

I have not found the factory 1971 Superbee insert studs yet
Pretty sure they look like post #6 ?

As long as those reproduction bell nuts are 10-24 thread pitch
74296BE3-5B07-4F1A-B9FA-B664854B90C0.jpeg
20F1BA87-2A5A-445E-81BA-1F29D58B6ACB.jpeg

Thanx !

Definitely 10-24 thread pitch

I pulled these factory studs and bell nut off one of my 1971 R/T Louver insert
Pictures are factory parts

I have not found the factory 1971 Superbee insert studs yet
Pretty sure they look like post #6 ?

As long as those reproduction bell nuts are 10-24 thread pitch View attachment 1230595View attachment 1230596
My SB hood insert studs look exactly like those pictured in post 6

Auto Transport Service
Back