• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for correct chrome lug nuts for 79 Magnum GT

Fm3 Dart

Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
My survivor Magnum GT could use some new chrome lug nuts, as several are showing their age. The OEM lug nuts are tall, and have a point on the top. Most aftermarket lug nuts have a round "cap" on the top, where these originals have a lathe machined top. Anyone know of a source?

If they are the ones with out the wider seat on the bottom I'd go with something else. The center caps used on the GT wheels make a normal lug nut tough to slide in at times. And I'm going to guess that those nuts wern't used for too long because they lack the clamping area of other lug nuts. I don't like them for that reason. And they are taller than most aftermarket, again because of the center cap. I have used a Cragar nut ((https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-27804b-4)) that's tall enough and the base fits through the hole just fine. True the top is a little different but not really that far off but way closer than most.

The tits on the end are similar, if not identical, to the oem for the A12 cars (69 sixpak runners and bees). So, they are repoped, but cost a bunch of money.

Those seem to be specific to the GT/Super Coupe wheels. I have a few extras if you want to have them rechromed. PM me if interested

Auto Transport Service
Back