• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sourcing an RB Throttle Cable

66four40

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I changed over to an Edelbrock RPM intake on my 440, made a piece to extend the old throttle cable out of some scrap carb parts, used the old throttle cable bracket that was at the wrong angle to get home from my dad's place. Ordered a new throttle cable bracket from Mancini for the taller RPM intake, then realized the bloody cable is still too short. There are 2 options that I've found, one from Mancini that is $79, and one from Year One that is $35.00, they seem to be similar. Tell me why I'm buying the $79 one from Mancini? Vehicle is a '66 Belvedere I, auto with a 440.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Derek

Pioneer CA-8411 Accelerator Cable 1970 1974 383 440 4 Bbl... (yearone.com)

Mancini Racing Throttle Cable

I just recently went to install a new throttle cable on a 70 383 R.R. from OER, & the cable was too short. It was supposed to be for that car. Ended up re-installing the factory cable. (thankfully it was still in good condition) Mancini prices seem kind of high, but you will probably get a good, quality piece. I don't know about Year One anymore. If Rick Ehrenberg has one, I would get one from him. He is a very, very knowledgeable Mopar guy. He has articles at Allpar & Mopar Action.

Auto Transport Service
Back