• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

southern Mopar nationals

furyus

Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if any body is going to the Mopar southern nationals in Georgia. Has anyone been in the last couple years? How was it? I went 3-4 years ago, and it was dead. Not sure if I should try again, since it's about 4 hours away.

Haven't been out that way for years now, like since 2007, it's like the 34th annual event there, use to be held a different time of year IIRC too...

Wow, I posted this on FABO and FBBO. The response is underwhelming. I guess I won't bother.

I was thinking about it, but just don't have the time.. I'll be heading to the Carlisle event in Zephyrhills in the fall for sure.

went last year was kinda dead! tons of drag raceing.car show was about 30 cars not counting the (5) sox/martin & (1) moparmissel cars. swapmeet was ok. got to talk to randy bolig from mopar muscel. spent 1/2 of the day driving 1/2 at the show. took my son all in all had a pretty good time. i think people don't go because it's memorial day and last week of school.

Been watching it on tv. Running into the sun. 8.8 win Times for top fuel. I didn't think any thing could be worse than 4 wide racing. But I was way way wrong.

when and where...since it moved from Reynolds (Silver Dollar) I have not been..am out of the loop on where it is..was thinking about 50 miles or so north of me..thanks

May 23-25, Valdosta, GA

If you haven't made plans to attend the Mopar Muscle All-Mopar Southern Nationals that are being held at the South Georgia Motorsports Park on Memorial Day weekend (May 23, 24, 25, 2014), you better hurry up. For those of you in the Southeast portion of the U.S. that haven't yet heard, Mopar Muscle is the title sponsor of the All-Mopar Southern Nationals and is the largest multiple-event venue in the Southeast for Mopar fans. There will be three days for racing, a two-day car show, and swap meet. You can also keep up to date by checking out our website (www.moparmuscle.com), our Facebook page, or the South Georgia Motorsports Park website (www.racesgmp.com).

Read more: http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/eventcoverage/1312_2014_mopar_event_schedule/#ixzz328ruIPKM

Been watching it on tv. Running into the sun. 8.8 win Times for top fuel. I didn't think any thing could be worse than 4 wide racing. But I was way way wrong.

Never mind, I thought you where talking about the NHRA national event.

I am thinking of making a run down for Saturday just to see some of the cars...listen to a bit of exhaust noise...thanks for the heads up ...!!

I went..I got pictures...I left a bit early..family matter to attend to..

So. Did it suck again?

As I had not been since the venue was at the Reynolds location...I feel it had a lot to be desired. Walking around I got the general impression from the local chatter it was less than expected..so yes maybe it did suck. I went mainly for the swap meet and "SO CALLED VENDER"..glad the swap meet local boys had a few things from their garages out...not any real venders that I saw specializing in sheet metal and or other specialty stuff. Would I go again...no...for me it was not quite the adventure I had in mind.

One of the biggest items that left an impression on me was the very lack of bathroom facilities..and I am sure they were at the track inside etc...however there was no signs directing you to their location. I would have figured, wrongly it seems, that there would have been a couple porta-potties set up in the pit area and about the swat meet reserved area..glad I carried my own refreshments and snacks also.

But I went and can first hand say not for me in the future...

I am sure when the racing got cranked up it was by far a fine time as watching these Mopars barrel down a track is awesome...but it is still hard to get past the very fact that the management/staff took no consideration of the attendees than they did..for that I rate them a failure +

Auto Transport Service
Back