• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare tire

steve from staten island

Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
My 1969 Satellite has P235-60r15 tires with magnum wheels. The bolt circle appears to be
4 1/4 . Were can I get a stock rim and how wide a rim would I need?
thank you

Bolt circle should be 4-1/2". I don't think 15" wheels were standard for your car.
But if you can find a 6" wide rim you should be fine for a spare.
Do you have any pics of what is on it?

Most any 1/2 ton Dodge pickup from early 70's to 1984 had that bolt pattern in a 15" wheel, along with a lot of C bodys from that era.

Steve, your bolt circle is 5 on 4 1/2. Measure from far edge of a stud to the center of a stud two away. Thats how it wkrks on a five bolt circle.
What you need for a spare, is something that is the same height as the tires on the car, wheel width and diameter is immaterial. One of the 14s you took off will be fine, with the right tire: same height.
That height question is important on tbe rear, not so much on the front. In the rear, if two different tire heights, the wheels turn at different speeds, not real great for an open rear, death to a sure grip.

Steve, your bolt circle is 5 on 4 1/2. Measure from far edge of a stud to the center of a stud two away. Thats how it wkrks on a five bolt circle.
What you need for a spare, is something that is the same height as the tires on the car, wheel width and diameter is immaterial. One of the 14s you took off will be fine, with the right tire: same height.
That height question is important on tbe rear, not so much on the front. In the rear, if two different tire heights, the wheels turn at different speeds, not real great for an open rear, death to a sure grip.
Your the best IMP.

Just a heads up.
Do you have front disk?
What size are they?
If you ever upgrade to the larger Cordoba rotors a 14 inch rim will not work.
And I'm guessing with those tires you may be running 7 inch rims.
May not though.

Auto Transport Service
Back