• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark plug cross reference Autolite to Champion?

idrivemopar

Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a cross reference for Autolite to Champion spark plugs?

Just curious, as my motor used to run Champion rn12yc's back in the day, but the builder put in Autolite 66 plugs, guessing these are a bit hotter, because of higher compression and bigger cam. Just want to make sure these are good to go, I don't know autolite too well, but have read these are better then champions these days.

those are 1 range hotter and I would rather go with colder and work up as in I would rather foul a plug than burn anything up

performance increases almost always need cooler plugs(burn slower)back of any champion book will have a cross referance.so will almost any big parts house web site.

So these are what the builder put in for break in, is that maybe why they are hotter? So sounds like I should go to a 65 or Rn11Yc when I crank up the motor? I checked a couple of plugs, and even though there hasn't been a lot of run time, its got a light brown coating, which would seem about right.

Perfect! Thanks for posting that, its exactly what I was looking for, and was able to copy it into a spreadsheet which makes it much easier to finds stuff and sort.

Auto Transport Service
Back