• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark Plug Wire Routing

ODZKing

Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture or at least a very good description of the routing of the plug wires on a 73 Big block 400?
I have the clip on the front of the valve cover on the driver side. In front of the compressor, behind the compressor? Along the valve cover like on the passenger side, etc.?
Thank You.

I have had these pics on my cell phone since jan 2013. They are firecore250 wires
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Nacho,
Here is another one to add to your collection. Nice clean job too, very neat.
That's what I will be doing. Gotta find that one piece on the intake near the dizzy.
The one bolted to the cover I have.
Engine wire route 400-01.jpg

That one got an extra bracket close to the distribuitor but is actually incorrect. 73 and lates BB just got those two plastic brackets to the driver side and one to passenger side attached to the manifold stud just right behind the alt.

well at least for AC cars!... non AC could got that one instead the valve cover bolt one ? dunno

Auto Transport Service
Back