• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special rim for '66/67 Chargers?

iowaguy

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Have a set of wheel covers for a '66/67 Charger (tri-bar spinner w/black inset) that I have had sitting around for 25+ years. My '66 Charger was sold before I got far enough along fixing it to put them on. Kept them "just in case" I got another Charger.

Always like the looks of them and decided to put them on my black and silver Marlin as I don't like the looks of the correct Marlin wheel covers as they have a blue/green center that clashes with the colors of the car.

They won't fit! Won't fit on any 14" rims I have laying around as the center part of the wheel cover is too deep. Looks like it hits where the rim is bumped out for dog dish hubcaps. Flip the rim over and then they fit but can't run them that way as it would give no clearance for the brakes/hub.

Do I need to look for special rims to make these work? I think AMC and Mopars have the same bolt pattern.

They go on 14x5.5” rims, the centers of 67 and older rims are different than 68 and newer, where the dog dish caps mount.

For 66 and 67, the Charger had 5.5" by 14" deep dish rims (part # 2534702). These rims were found on some C body cars as well. Belvedere and Coronet models had 5.5" wide by 14" but were not deep dish type (part # 2298523). The spinner wheel covers you have need the deep dish rims for clearance.

yep, the centers of 67 and earlier were made for 10" caps, rather than 9"

yep, the centers of 67 and earlier were made for 10" caps, rather than 9"
I think the deep dish wheels all used 9" hubcaps. For 66-68, these include full size D,C,P, Charger and RTs. Ten inch hubcaps were used on all others.

Yes, they were 14 x 5.5 deep dish to accommodate the cover.
Also on all C bodies except station wagons. Part # 2234702

So if I find a rim, what measurement on the inside should I look for?

Auto Transport Service
Back