• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Specs for aiming four headlamp bbody?

Dibbons

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Cannot find headlamp aiming chart in factory service manual, on forums, nor on internet. Can anyone provide this info fot a '72 SSP? Thank you.

The headlamp alignment procedures are not in the Chassis service manual, they are in the BODY service manual. I see that Mymopar has the BODY service manual for 1971 Plymouyth, but not for 1972. I think it is the same for both years and looks the same as whats in my 73 manual. Go hear to MyMopar and download the BODY service manual and look starting on page 5-1, you should find all the information you need!!!

Or if you have a flat drive way drive straight to garage door put lights on high beam then tape paper or mark on door the hot spot them back up straight 10 feet cover 3 lights and adjust the hot spot slightly down and 1/8 inch to right
then copy for the rest should be good

I just installed crackedback"s headlamp relay kit and noticed my high beams were lower than low beams. What is nice with the relays now is that I can pull the fuse for the low beams while I aim the high beams rather than trying to block them off somehow.
I did find the factory specs in the body service manual thank you.

Pulling the fuses did not work, pulled one fuse and had low beams on low and nothing on high, tried pulling the other fuse and had nothing on low and both high and low on high. Wierd. Then i broke the plastic adjuster nut on the high beam passenger side and had to abort the adjustment.

Not only that, but parking 25 feet back from the wall, with these Sylvania halogen sealed beams, the light projected is bright cicle over a large area and makrs it impossible to isolate where the center of the beam is located. There is a number "201" on the low beam glass and a "101" on the high beam glass but I do not find those part numbers on internet searches.

Anyhow, are those plastic headlamp adjuster nuts a common auto parts item or only found in classic mopar specialty dealers? Thank you.

There shouldn't be a need to pull fuses to disable a low beam; the high beam is either on or off while the low beam bulb has two filaments inside. The low beam filament should shut off and the the high beam filament turn on when you select high beams. In other words, the low beam bulb should show a raised beam pattern when it is switched to high beam. I wouldn't block them off as both patterns should overlap when adjusting.

That is why I use the 10 ft
You can use less distance and scale the numbers down to work

Auto Transport Service
Back