• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Speed nut for Ramcharger/Air Grabber box flappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Need one, two would be great, of the 3/16" diameter speed nuts that hold the cables onto the air box flapper arms. If someone has a couple, correct ones, and could throw them in an envelope to me here in Ontario it would be GREAT! THANKS!
beerestorationfall2018 489.JPG

Need one, two would be great, of the 3/16" diameter speed nuts that hold the cables onto the air box flapper arms. If someone has a couple, correct ones, and could throw them in an envelope to me here in Ontario it would be GREAT! THANKS!
View attachment 687291
That isn't it. It is called a push nut.

That is it as far as I know, right off the air box. Been there since we stole the hood off my buddies Bee in 1978.

Are you saying the one in my picture is not correct, nor OE??, and all it was originally is a push on like the licence plate hinge pin, etc?

Last edited:
That is it as far as I know, right off the air box. Been there since we stole the hood off my buddies Bee in 1978.

Are you saying the one in my picture is not correct, nor OE??, and all it was originally is a push on like the licence plate hinge pin, etc?
The picture is not correct and yes it is just like what is on the license plate hinge pin.

Okay thanks! The one I have was on the Drivers side single cable end. Don't know why it would have ever been changed. Like I said it's been there since '78 for sure. At least it's easier to get some push nuts locally !!

THANKS!

They should be the same as the ones used on heater box cables and control cables.

I have some originals here, but hopefully one of your neighbors can fix you up so you don't have to pay postage costs

I have pulled them off easy with a 90 degree hook tool (o-ring tool). Press the point in from the rear of the push nut and walk it around. Pops right off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back