• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed sensor/reluctor question

Darius

Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Wondering where I might find the pulse width (not sure that is the exact terminology) so we can figure out placement of sensors/reluctor to dial in the computer from the 07 RT I am using.

Darius, aren't you using. 545rfe trans?

I don't know what your gonna do since the nag1 requires sensor input from the wheels. Send lxmodguy a pm, he should be able to give ya some insight.

Thanks guys. Do you have a link to the hotwire site. All I get is a hotel reservation site when entering hotwire.com

hotwireauto.com

It looks like it is going to be an expensive solution though. You need an ECM, tcm, front control module, ABS module, engine harness and trans harness along with a driveshaft mounted speed sensor. I would be this kit is around $3500. We have a solution that the fastest guys in the LX world are running with upwards of 1500 horsepower, unfortunately it is still VERY expensive. $2500 for the trans stand alone control. At that point though it is a FULL CONTROL system. The factory system is just that factory. In all honest, it is exceptionally good with the shift logic, even with high stalls it works well up to about 750 horsepower.

all the research i done on this, plus talking to lxmodguy. that is why i bought the 6 speed and sold the nag one. not that you cant get it to work it is just easier to go with the 6 speed. jmo

I have the entire wire harness from the car the engine and transmission came out of along withall of the computers. All of this is installed in the GTX already. Why would I need different ones? Seems to me all we need to do is program out the antilock system and mount some speed sensors somewhere and work on the programming.
Of course, I know jack **** about doing ANY of that but it does not seem like it should be that hard.
I can see what you are saying if all I had was the HEMI and all other equipment was different stuff.
My goal was to simply swap as much stuff over as was feasible, and the two major items that did not come over we're the rear end and the antilock system
I also do not care about generating a bazillion HP. It should be plenty fast enough for me just like it is.

The best I can come up with is from a pt cruiser I just worked on with a speedometer mot working. That car uses the output speed sensor in the trans to determine vehicle speed. Service info said ROUGHLY 8000 pulses per mile. Obviously tire size and gear ratio factor in which is why its roughly. I cant find any info on how many pulses the wheel speed sensor makes in a given distance for your specific donor vehicle

I have the entire wire harness from the car the engine and transmission came out of along withall of the computers. All of this is installed in the GTX already. Why would I need different ones? Seems to me all we need to do is program out the antilock system and mount some speed sensors somewhere and work on the programming.
Of course, I know jack **** about doing ANY of that but it does not seem like it should be that hard.
I can see what you are saying if all I had was the HEMI and all other equipment was different stuff.
My goal was to simply swap as much stuff over as was feasible, and the two major items that did not come over we're the rear end and the antilock system
I also do not care about generating a bazillion HP. It should be plenty fast enough for me just like it is.
You can probably send everything to hotwire and they can make it work. The harness will be about $1000 and then they have to reprogram everything. I would say you will spend about 1500-2000 being that you have all the computers.

Most folks that dont have an entire electrical system.....Its cheaper to run a 4L80 and an adapter plate along with a fast EZTCU. If you find a good 4L80 out of a 2000+ truck you can buy the adapter for $600, the trans controller for $600 and be in the whole thing about $1800. The will hold 550 out of the box. You can have them built to hold 1500 horsepower if you wanted.

You can build a 4L80 that could easily hold a big block, a supercharged 5.7/6.1 ETC for $4400 all said and done.

Auto Transport Service
Back