• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedcooling radiator

dieseldazzle

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
first of all, I'm not a big fan of non stock radiators or aluminum ones BUT my buddy has a dukes clone that's kind of a "driver" and he wanted to just make it nicer on a budget.

The stock radiator was shot. The motor had been rebuilt 10 years ago with little use but it was grimey from poorly installed gaskets etc.

So ordered the 26 inch two row (one inch each row) aluminum job that accepts a shroud and is for b body big block with passenger side upper inlet and driver side lower outlet.

For any of you considering it for the money it can't be beat and it sure as hell is better than a 40 year old stock one. It also made a non driveable car driveable for 250 delivered.

You will have to trim the outside edge if the passenger side that the stock shroud bolts to do it will clear the lip on the front end of the frame rail. Very little maybe 1/16 inch. Also slot the lower passenger side mount hole oval. Other than that it fell right in. Works great and on the cheap

Oh yeah and I painted the top semi gloss ceramic high temp black then shot with high temp satin clear (vht)

IMG_4220.JPG IMG_4219.JPG IMG_3991.JPG

Thanks I plan on using one of these with dual fans for my build

I have bought 2 speedcooling radiators now a 26in for my 71 fury and the 22in for my coronet and both cars run cooler than they ever did before I highly recommend this companys radiators American made also

Ya not bad at all and get em now before they become really popular and it drives the price up. I have 4 in stock

first of all, I'm not a big fan of non stock radiators or aluminum ones BUT my buddy has a dukes clone that's kind of a "driver" and he wanted to just make it nicer on a budget.

The stock radiator was shot. The motor had been rebuilt 10 years ago with little use but it was grimey from poorly installed gaskets etc.

So ordered the 26 inch two row (one inch each row) aluminum job that accepts a shroud and is for b body big block with passenger side upper inlet and driver side lower outlet.

For any of you considering it for the money it can't be beat and it sure as hell is better than a 40 year old stock one. It also made a non driveable car driveable for 250 delivered.

You will have to trim the outside edge if the passenger side that the stock shroud bolts to do it will clear the lip on the front end of the frame rail. Very little maybe 1/16 inch. Also slot the lower passenger side mount hole oval. Other than that it fell right in. Works great and on the cheap

Oh yeah and I painted the top semi gloss ceramic high temp black then shot with high temp satin clear (vht)

View attachment 401405 View attachment 401406 View attachment 401407

I'm looking into one of these radiators, the trimming you're talking about, is that the entire height of the radiator or just the bottom corner? Any chance you have any pictures of what you did to it? Thank you in advance.

I'm looking into one of these radiators, the trimming you're talking about, is that the entire height of the radiator or just the bottom corner? Any chance you have any pictures of what you did to it? Thank you in advance.

Just the bottom corner where to front frame rails come up. No pics and it's my actual wedding anniversary today so no way to go take pics at the shop it was all I could to post pics of my heads

Ok no problem! Thanks for taking the time to respond and happy anniversary! Sounds like a pretty easy mod to install

Just came across this thread. I'm planning on going with an aluminum rad in the Dart this winter. To be honest, if I had come across this company on my own and seen their pricing, I would've moved on because there's no way you can get a quality rad for these prices. After reading the posts, this is why FBBO is so awesome; thanks to DD for starting the thread; I'm gonna try them out.

It's what I'm useing in the '62. Minor mods and I had a fan shroud made. They have a nice lip on the outside for easy shroud mounting, so no holes in the core area.
20170614_170915.jpg

Just came across this thread. I'm planning on going with an aluminum rad in the Dart this winter. To be honest, if I had come across this company on my own and seen their pricing, I would've moved on because there's no way you can get a quality rad for these prices. After reading the posts, this is why FBBO is so awesome; thanks to DD for starting the thread; I'm gonna try them out.

I just put one in my coronet, it's been great so far! Had to modify it very minimally but otherwise bolted right in and fired right up, drove it around this weekend a little and didn't have any issues with it so far!

Just spoke with frank over at speed cooling, nice guy I’ll be going over to their warehouse to pick mine up soon.

Anyone have any tips for installing a 26” in a 22” opening?

Did you have to do any drilling for the shroud to fit the speedcool?
I assume this is the correct shroud for the 26 inch speedcool?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-2785434

I'm going to order the speedcool tomorrow.
Thanks.

Doesn’t frank offer the shroud? Or is that only for electric fan set ups?
I spoke with Frank today. Really enjoyed chatting with him. You can tell he stands behind his products.
Only electric fan shrouds for the MOPAR radiators. He said some people tell him the bracket needs drilled for a shroud, and others claim the shroud just needs a slight modification.

Just spoke with frank over at speed cooling, nice guy I’ll be going over to their warehouse to pick mine up soon.

Anyone have any tips for installing a 26” in a 22” opening?

I took an air saw and opened it up.......Measure twice and cut it right the 1st time.
I am not concerned with stock looking.Bought an afco triple pass,2 row with 1 inch tubes.I also now only use one Spal 16 inch 2 speed pusher fan with no shroud.On pump gas I have about 850 HP and it runs 160*,,,,180* when it's 90* outside! It was $200 for the rad & $135 for the Spal fan.I really like the mounting set up on the Spal fan!!!!Real easy.

4.24.17 023.jpg 5.30.17 008.jpg 8.25.17 012.jpg 8.26.17 012.jpg 8.26.17 014.jpg 10.9.17 019.jpg 10.15.17 001.jpg 10.15.17 002.jpg 10.30.17 005.jpg

I took an air saw and opened it up.......Measure twice and cut it right the 1st time.
I am not concerned with stock looking.Bought an afco triple pass,2 row with 1 inch tubes.I also now only use one Spal 16 inch 2 speed pusher fan with no shroud.On pump gas I have about 850 HP and it runs 160*,,,,180* when it's 90* outside! It was $200 for the rad & $135 for the Spal fan.I really like the mounting set up on the Spal fan!!!!Real easy.

View attachment 566983 View attachment 566984 View attachment 566985 View attachment 566986 View attachment 566987 View attachment 566988 View attachment 566989 View attachment 566990 View attachment 566992
Damn those are some impressive temp numbers for that beast

With the old junk yard soursed dual fans,had to use a cigarette to see the air movement through the fan,now it blows so hard the air moves right to waterpump!
At the track with 1000 + hp it stays cool!

I spoke with Frank today. Really enjoyed chatting with him. You can tell he stands behind his products.
Only electric fan shrouds for the MOPAR radiators. He said some people tell him the bracket needs drilled for a shroud, and others claim the shroud just needs a slight modification.

Isn’t this radiator technically for a 70 b-body? So wouldnt the 70 fan shroud from classic industries fit on the radiator? Was thinking about going that route but was wondering if anyone else has?

Auto Transport Service
Back