• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPEEDO REPAIR '66 CORONET

moose1

Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
Hoping some of my fellow Ontario (Can.) Mopar people can help me. The odometer on my Coronet decided to stop just after hitting 56,000 miles, just as it was trying for 56,010. - stopped at 9 and 1/2 along with a jumping needle and clicking nosies. Does anyone know of a competent speedo repair shop anywhere in the GTA/Eastern Ontario area (I'm near Peterborough)? Not tearing into it 'til I put the car away, so I'll be using the GPS for now.

Thanks!

I've had mine apart a couple times this year already.
The odometer part is kind of tricky, speedo part is easier.
You may want to disconnect the speedometer cable if it's clicking and jumping.

I had the exact problem. There is a white plastic gear that runs off the speedo to work the odometer. They strip. I'll post a picture of the gear. Tricky to disassemble as they peen a washer into the housing. If you remove it the speedo will function smoothly again. Just no odometer. I ended up buying a speedo from a forum member, set the mileage to match the old speedo.

20180520_131502.jpg

I have an odometer that should be good, if you are interested PM me.

I've had mine apart a couple times this year already.
The odometer part is kind of tricky, speedo part is easier.
You may want to disconnect the speedometer cable if it's clicking and jumping.
Thanks, that was the 1st thing I did when I got home. The GPS is working well for now - good part is that it's in Kilometers

Thanks to all. For now, I'm looking into places within driving range that might be able to repair it. No hurry since I won't tear into it until I put her away for the Winter.

Auto Transport Service
Back